For example, if you have several campaigns in your list, and each is triggered on a different tag, you can easily exclude one and mail to the others. This is helpful when you have multiple products adding people to a general newsletter list. That way, you can still promote each product to that list, without contacting people who have already purchased it.
In this article, we'll walk through how to create a segment by excluding a specific tag and schedule a Broadcast to be sent to those subscribers.
Step By Step Instructions
- First, hover over the Messages tab and select Campaigns.
- Then, choose the campaign you would like to review.
- You will need to determine which tag you want to exclude. The tag will be listed under the Tag Applied campaign trigger.
Or in an "Apply Tag" action within the campaign.
- Once you've confirmed that a tag has been applied to subscribers joining this campaign, click "Save & Exit".
- Then, hover over the Subscribers tab and choose Manage Subscribers.
- On that page, choose Tag from the "Search Option" drop-down menu.
- Change the search modifier to "is not."
- Then, enter the tag you want to exclude.
And, click "Search".
- Once you've searched for subscribers who do not have this tag applied, name your segment under the "Save As Segment:" section and click "Save".
Congratulations! You've successfully saved a segment of subscribers who are not in this campaign. You can now select that segment from the "Send to subscribers in this segment:" drop down menu when scheduling your Broadcast.