How do I remove a subscriber from a campaign when they click a link in my message?
With Automations, you have the option to trigger certain actions based on how a subscriber interacts with your message. For example, if a subscriber clicks on a link in your message, they can be removed from that campaign. In this article we'll walk through how to add this type of Automation to your campaign.
Step by step instructions
- Once you have created your campaign, click on the Send Message action you'd like to use for this Automation.
- Then, click the Add Automation in the right hand Settings menu.
- Next, choose Clicks a link from the "If a subscriber does this:" drop down menu.
- Then, click "Select Links".
- Any links in your message will be listed in the Select Links menu, check the link you would like to use for this automation.
Then, click "Apply" to save.
- After you've selected the link you want to trigger this automation, select Remove the subscriber from campaign from the "Then do this:" drop down menu.
Click "Apply" to save.
- After saving this automation, you'll see it listed in the Settings panel for this Send Message action.
The action will also have a label applied towards the center of the action.
Congratulations! You've successfully added an automation to your message. Now, when a subscriber clicks a link in this message, they'll be removed from the campaign.