How do I remove a subscriber from a campaign when they open a message?
With Automations, you have the option to trigger certain actions based on how a subscriber interacts with your message. You can use automations to apply tags, trigger new campaigns, or remove a subscriber from their current campaign. In this article we'll walk through how to remove a subscriber from your campaign based on a message they have opened.
Step By Step Instructions
- In the campaign you'd like to edit, select the Send Message action you would like to use for this automation.
- Next, click the "Add Automation" button.
- Select Opens the message from the "If a subscriber does this:" drop down menu.
- Next, choose Remove the subscriber from campaign from the "Then do this:" drop down menu.
- Click "Apply" to save the automation.
- You'll see the automation displayed in the right hand settings panel whenever you click on this Send Message action.
- And, there will be an Automations label on the action within the campaign editor itself.
Congratulations! When a subscriber opens this message in your campaign, they'll automatically be removed.