Broadcasts are a great way to provide subscribers with time-sensitive updates. Using Automations you can trigger a message, or series of messages, to be sent when someone clicks a link in your broadcast. This is a great way to provide your subscribers with specific information that is more relevant to their interests.
In this article we will go over how to add an Automation in your Broadcast that applies a tag whenever someone clicks a link in the message. That tag can be used to trigger a campaign, or for future segmentation of your list.
Step by step instructions
- First, hover over the messages tab and select Drafts.
- Then, find the message you would like to edit and click "Send Options", then "Schedule a Broadcast".
- From the Broadcast Settings window, find the Do you want click automations? section.
Then, click the blue "Edit" button to the right.
- This will bring you to the Click Automations menu where you can designate which links in your message should apply a tag to your subscribers when clicked.
Note: You'll have the option to apply multiple tags per link. To do so, just hit return after you've entered the complete tag.
- Once you've entered the tags you'd like to use, click the blue "Apply" button located at the bottom right.
- You'll see the number of automations present in this message under the Do you want click automations? section of the Broadcast Settings window.
Congratulations! You've added click automations to your Broadcast message, you can move forward with sending or scheduling the message as you wish!