In this article, we're going to discuss how you can use tags to track your subscribers as they progress through your campaign.
With campaigns, you can send automated series of messages to your subscribers at the intervals you choose. You can apply click and open automations to your messages to further target your subscribers based on their actions, and you can also apply tags to your subscribers as they progress through the campaign.
Tags are keywords or phrases that help you group subscribers together so you can send them specific messages. Applying tags before or after messages actions can help you easily track where your subscribers are located within the campaign.
Step By Step Instructions
- Access the "Campaigns" page and click on the name of your campaign to open the editor.
- Click and drag the "Apply Tag" action after your first message.
- Enter the tag that you would like to use in the "Apply Tag" settings on the right-hand side of the editor.
- Then, drag another "Apply Tag" action after your second message.
- Enter the tag you would like to apply in the "Apply Tag" settings.
To avoid confusion, we recommend removing the first tag as well. Enter the first tag in the "Remove these tags from subscribers" box.
- Continue adding "Apply Tag" actions after each message in your campaign, making sure to remove the preceding tag. At the end of the campaign, you can add the tag "finished," or whatever you would like, so that you know these subscribers completed the campaign. The flow of your campaign will look something like the image below.
And that's it! You can now search the "Subscribers" page based on those tags. In our example, we would search Tag > is > finished campaign to pull up all of the subscribers who reached the end of the campaign.