How do I deduplicate my lists?
In this article, we're going to walkthrough the steps to remove duplicates subscribers from multiple lists in your account.
AWeber will automatically deduplicate an individual list, so a subscriber cannot sign up to one list multiple times. If you have multiple lists, however, a subscriber could sign up to each of those lists. This is so they can receive the messages specific to those lists. You can easily maintain all of your subscriber data in one list using tags, but, depending on your workflow, you might want or need to work with multiple lists. If this is the case, you can deduplicate your lists using the bulk unsubscribe tool.
Step By Step Instructions
- First, you can use the "Lists" table on the main dashboard to locate the largest list in your account. You want to use the largest list in your account so there is more potential for crossover.
- Then, go to the "Subscribers" page in this list. Click the "Export CSV" button to generate the CSV file of your list.
- Open the file and copy the "Email" column.
- Once you have the email addresses copied, navigate to the "Subscribers" page in a smaller list. Click "Subscriber Tools" and "Bulk Unsubscribe."
- Paste the email addresses in the "Emails" section and click the "Unsubscribe" button.
- The duplicate email addresses will be unsubscribed. You can now manually delete the unsubscribes. Return to the "Subscribers" page in the list. Then, click the "Unsubscribed" filter on the left-hand side of the page.
- You can select 100 subscribers at a time. Click the checkbox next to the "Name" field to select the subscribers on the page. Then, click Actions > Delete.
And that's it! The duplicates will be removed from the list. If you have a large number of unsubscribes to delete, you are welcome to contact Customer Solutions for assistance deleting them.