How do I test a purchase on my Landing Page?
In this article, we're going to walkthrough the steps to test a purchase on your landing page. With AWeber landing pages, you can now accept payments through Stripe by utilizing the Ecommerce element. You can use the Ecommerce element to sell different types of products, including:
- eBooks and PDFs
- Access to your webinars
- "How to" guides for your audience
- Illustrations and templates
- Entry to a program or course you've developed
- Access to an event
- Tips and donations to fundraise for your passion project
You can easily create a landing page by using a pre-built template or designing the page from scratch. With the Ecommerce element, it takes a few clicks to add the product to your page and start generating sales--simply enter a product name and price. You can review your revenue with built-in reports from AWeber and, ultimately, reduce the stress of processing transactions. Stripe will handle the complexities of charging credit cards, chargebacks, refunds, etc.
In order to start selling, you must first connect your account to Stripe. Learn how to connect Stripe and AWeber with a step-by-step walkthrough.
Note: because this application is set to single opt-in by default, new subscribers will be added immediately without receiving a confirmation email. Additionally, payments can only be processed for Stripe accounts with a bank account based in the US.
For each sale you make using Stripe and AWeber, there are fees for each transaction. Learn more about Stripe pricing. AWeber fees are as followed:
Step By Step Instructions
- First, click and drag the Ecommerce element to the desired spot on your landing page and customize the formatting how you would like.
- If you haven't done so already, connect to your Stripe account. Click the "Product" tab from the Ecommerce settings on the right-hand side of the editor. Then, click "Add Product."
- Name your product, select the type of payment you want, and change the product price to $0.50. Note: the price must be $0.50 to test. Once complete, click "Add Product."
- Next, click "Save & Exit" in the bottom-right of the editor.
- Once you've exited the landing page editor you'll be taken back to your Landing Page list.From here, click the publish icon.
- Once you publish the landing page, we will provide you with your URL. Click the URL to visit the page.
- Click your Ecommerce button to pull up the payment page and process a test payment.
And that's it! Stripe will process the payment for your test purchase and you will be added to the list with any tags that you applied to the payment form.