In this article, we are going to walk through the steps to adjust your form for an optimal experience when signing up on a mobile device.
If you test your sign up form on a mobile device and receive an error message that your email address is invalid, then this is most likely related to the settings of your thank you page.
When you click on a link through an app like Facebook, the browser will open directly within the app. When you submit to the form through an in-app bowser like this, it will return incorrect data to AWeber if the thank you page is set to open in a new window. In turn, this causes the form to show an "invalid email" error even if your email address is valid. To resolve this, you simply have to edit the settings of your thank you page.
Regular AWeber Forms
- Go to the "Sign Up Forms" tab and click on the name of your form.
- Next, click the "Settings" tab within the form builder.
- Uncheck the "Open this in a new window box" and click "Save Your Form."
And that's it! If you're using the hosted URL of the form, then you do not have to make any further updates. If you have the HTML posted to your site, then you will have to republish the code to reflect the updates.
AWeber Landing Pages
- Visit the "Landing Pages" tab and click on the name of your page to open the editor.
- Click within the form element to pull up the "Form" settings. Then, click the "Submissions" tab.
- Uncheck the "Open in a New Window" box.
And that's it! Save your landing page and make sure to publish the changes.