How to use the Feed Element to include content like blog posts, YouTube videos, podcasts, and more
In this article, you'll learn how to use the "Feed" element in the Drag & Drop Email Builder to quickly incorporate content from your blog, podcast, youtube channel and other content feeds.
With the "Feed" element, you can easily connect content feed of your blog to your message--the only thing that you need to connect is your website URL. You can quickly pull your posts into your custom message template and share these posts with your subscribers.
You can share specific posts to keep subscribers engaged with your blog. If they click on the post within the message, they will be redirected to your site. You can also share posts from other blogs that are relevant to your subscribers or that you find interesting and want to share. If you have a podcast, the element will display an HTML5 audio player for subscribers to listen to the podcast episode directly from their email accounts.
Step By Step Instructions
- Click and drag the "Feed" element to the desired spot in your message.
- Then, you will see the "Feed" settings on the right-hand side of the editor. Enter the RSS feed URL into the "Feed URL" box.
If you don't know what your RSS feed URL is, you can type in the URL for your website or blog, and the RSS feed URLs will be suggested. You may see more than one suggested URL, and you can select the one you want to use.
- Once the RSS feed is verified, you will see your most recent blog posts in the editor. The post will include an image, title, description, and a link to your blog. If the post includes a podcast player, that will display underneath the image.
You can also choose your Feed Type. The Dynamic Feed will display the most recent content when your message is sent. The Static Feed send the items currently displayed in the message—your feed will not update if you publish new blog posts before the message is sent.
- You can edit the formatting and display settings of the feed from "Feed" settings. First, you can click and drag the "Number of Items" toggle to change the number of items that display. You can share a maximum of 15 items.
- You can edit the layout choosing either of the "Postcard" or "Block" layouts.
"Postcard" displays the posts in one row with the image to the left-hand side.
"Block" displays the posts in two rows with the title above the image and the remaining information below the image.
- Next, you can display the posts in descending or ascending order based on the published date.
- You can change the color of the font in the element using the "Text Color" picker.
- You can choose which information you would like to display using the "Image," "Author," and "Date" toggles. You cannot remove the title of the post.
- You can reorder the title, author, and date information by clicking and dragging those blocks.
- Lastly, you can preview your feed by clicking Preview & Test.
If you chose Dynamic Feed, you could also preview your feed from the Feed settings as well by clicking "Preview Feed".
And that's it! Now, you can send your blog posts to your subscribers.