After you schedule your Broadcast, you may want to resend your message to ensure it reaches more of your audience.
For better deliverability and engagement, we encourage you to write new messages to send to your subscribers. Not sure what to write? Check out our What to Write guide for a ton of great, fill in the blank content templates. For more information on how to optimize the effectiveness of your email campaign, take a look at our Email Marketing Best Practices.
In some cases, you may need to resend important information to your audience. This article will walk you through the steps to how to resend your Broadcast to subscriber who did not open your message.
Note: Saving and sending to custom segments is not accessible on the AWeber Free plan. Upgrade your account to unlock this feature and many more by clicking Upgrade within your AWeber account, or by contacting our Customer Solutions team.
Step By Step Instructions
- Click the "Messages" tab and select "Broadcasts." Then, locate the message you would like to resend from the Sent Broadcasts section.
- Click the "Copy to Drafts" option below the message subject line.
- There are two ways you can create a segment of subscribers who did not open your Broadcast message.
From the Broadcasts page, click on the subject line of your Broadcast or "View Stats" to go to your Broadcast's QuickStats.
Underneath the stats chart, click the "Unopened" tab. A segment of subscriber who did not open this message can be created by clicking the "Create a Segment of these Subscribers" button.
Or you can create a segment from your Subscribers page. From the Subscribers page, select "Message not opened" from the "Search Option" drop-down menu.
Now, click in the empty field to the right of "Message not opened" and click "Broadcasts". You will want select the Broadcast message you are working with.
After you click "Search", all subscribers who have not opened that message will be displayed below. You can save the search as a segment here.
Note: Segments are dynamic! This means as subscribers open your message, they will automatically be removed from this segment. You do not need to save a new segment each time as it will automatically be updated as subscribers open your message.
- Now, we can schedule the Broadcast to your segment. Return to your Drafts page, like if you were sending a normal Broadcast, and click on "Schedule".
- Use this opportunity to rename your Broadcast. For example, "Here's what you missed". Renaming the Broadcast will differentiate from the previously sent message and a new call-to-action can encourage your subscribers to interact with your message.
- Under the "Who should receive this message?" section, click the "Edit" button.
- From the drop-down box that will appear, you can choose your saved segment.
- Then click "Apply" to save that change.
Once you make any other changes to scheduling and social sharing, you can schedule your broadcast as usual.
Note: If sending to a segment and also including additional lists, that segmenting rule will be applied to those included lists too.