In this article, we will walk through the steps to install Web Push Notifications on your WordPress site through the AWeber for WordPress plugin.
Web Push Notifications allow you to send timely updates to your website visitors who have opted-in to receive them. You can use these notifications to promote a specific article or blog post, or alert visitors about new products and sales. They can ultimately help boost engagement with your site. Learn more here.
The AWeber for WordPress plugin allows you to add sign up forms and landing pages to your WordPress site. The plugin can also be used to installed Web Push Notifications.
First, you will have to set up Web Push Notifications within your control panel.
Setting Up Web Push Notifications
- Visit the "Web Push" tab and click "Get Started."
- Enter your website URL in the "Website URL" section. If you have a website in your “List Settings,” we will add this for you automatically, but you can change it if you would like. Remember to include "https://" in front of the website URL.
Note: we can only support secure websites which begin with HTTPS.
- Next, you can add a logo which will be shown on your “Opt-In Prompt” and Web Push Notification messages. You can change this anytime. If you already have a logo added in “List Settings," we will load it here by default. You may upload one or choose one from your AWeber image gallery.
- Once complete, click "Save."
Installing AWeber for WordPress
- If you haven't done so already, download and install the AWeber for WordPress plugin.
- After successfully installing the plugin, navigate to the 'Advanced Options' tab in the plugin menu.
- At the bottom of this tab you'll find a 'Web Push Screen' section. Here, select the list you'd like subscribers added to through your push notifications. Don't forget to save your changes.
Please Note: Lists displayed here will be those that you have already configured a push notification for.
- Navigate back to the Web Push page in your AWeber account and click the two 'Verify' buttons to confirm the script we provide and the setup files were properly installed.
You can also use the 'Manual Installation' dropdown to acquire this information and install it manually.
Congratulations! Now, those that visit your Wordpress pages will have the opportunity to opt in to your push notification!