A segment is a collection of subscribers that you can create based off of specific search criteria. One search criteria that can be used to create a segment is tags. With segmenting you can send a broadcast only to the subscribers who have a specific tag. You can also create a segment that will exclude the subscribers with that tag so that they do not receive the broadcast.
In this article, we will review the necessary steps to segment your subscribers based on whether or not they have a specific tag. If you have not yet applied a tag to these subscribers, it can be applied in bulk from the Subscribers page.
Note: Saving and sending to custom segments is not accessible on the AWeber Free plan. Upgrade your account to unlock this feature and many more by clicking Upgrade within your AWeber account, or by contacting our Customer Solutions team.
Step By Step Instructions
- First, hover over Subscribers and select Subscribers from the drop down menu. Next, choose Tag from the Search Option drop-down menu.
- You will then have the option to select "is", "is not", "is any of these", or "includes all of these."
If you choose "is", the segment will only contain the subscribers who do have the tag. You can use this segment to exclude the subscribers who do not have that tag from your broadcast.
If you choose "is not", the segment will only contain the subscribers who do not have the tag. You can use this segment to exclude the subscribers with this tag from your broadcast.
- Enter the tag you would like to search for in the input field.
- Then, click the blue "Search" button.
- Name and save your segment by clicking the green "Save" button.
- Your segment will be saved on the left hand side of the page under the "By Segment" section.
Congratulations! You have just successfully created a segment based on a tag. You can now use that segment to send a message to your subscribers.