Each Etsy store has an RSS feed, which means that you can automatically send an email to your list when new products are added to your shop! Using our Blog Broadcast feature you can customize how often these emails are sent to your list, and choose an interval that will best fit the size of your shop and the number of products that you add.
An email can be sent to your list for each new product, or you can automate the emails based on a time interval or the number of products that have been added.
For example, you could send a weekly roundup of all new products every Saturday, or send an email whenever you have 5 new products in the store.
These emails will keep you at the top of your subscribers' minds, and make sure that you have as much visibility as possible for your new products.
In this article we will show you how to create a blog broadcast so that you can keep your subscribers up to date on your new products automatically.
Step By Step Instructions
- Under the Messages tab, select Blog Broadcasts. Then, click the "Create a Blog Broadcast" button.
- Start by entering your RSS feed URL for your blog in that first field.
The RSS feed for your Etsy shop will be:
- Since the Blog Broadcast feature works by pulling the content from your shop and reformatting it into a template, you'll need to select one. You'll find a long list to choose from to the right of the HTML message area.
You can scroll through the list and view previews of each. Once you've chosen the template you'd like to use, click on the Load Template button. Then, scroll down the page to view or edit the template's appearance. If you decide on another template later on, you can always repeat this step.
Note: Make sure to customize any text or links that are included in the template. For example, if the template has a section that says "www.website.com", replace that with the URL for your website or remove that text from the template.
- Next, you'll need to schedule when your broadcasts will be sent out. Choose whether you would like to send them at a specific time of day. If the time of day is unimportant to you, you can leave this set to "Immediately."
Second, you'll need to choose what should trigger the blog broadcast to be sent. You can choose a number of new products which will trigger the send:
Or, choose to have it send on specific days of each month:
Finish setting the schedule for your blog broadcast by deciding whether to have it sent automatically. Just check the box to make the process automatic!
If you want to be able to review each message manually, leave "Send Automatically" unchecked--you'll be able to review the messages from your "Drafts" page, and queue them to be sent from that page.
- Once you're done, simply click "Save Blog Broadcast" at the bottom of the page. This will complete the setup of your blog broadcast - it will start working immediately.
- You may want to check a few things before logging out. First, on the Blog Broadcast page, you can test the blog broadcast you just created. This is highly recommended, if only to double check that you're happy with the template you chose. Your blog broadcast also creates messages based on the content already on your blog when it was created. You can view these messages by clicking "Drafts" under "Messages."
On your Drafts page, there will be a "Blog Broadcast Drafts" tab. Click this tab to view the messages created by your blog broadcast.
From this tab, you can click the subject line of the message to view it in the HTML Editor and make any changes. You can also delete the message, send a test, or copy the message to another list by using the options underneath the subject line. When you're ready to send the message, click "Schedule," and proceed to schedule the broadcast like you normally would.
And that's it! Congratulations, you have successfully created a Blog Broadcast! Your subscribers will now receive emails automatically when you add new products to your Etsy Shop!