How do I automatically communicate new products in my Etsy shop?
In this article we will show you how to create an automatic newsletter so that you can keep your subscribers up to date on your new products automatically.
Each Etsy store has an RSS feed, which means that you can automatically send an email to your list when new products are added to your shop! Using our Automated Newsletter Campaign feature you can customize how often these emails are sent to your list, and choose an interval that will best fit the size of your shop and the number of products that you add.
An email can be sent to your list for each new product, or you can automate the emails based on a time interval or the number of products that have been added. For example, you could send a weekly roundup of all new products every Saturday, or send an email whenever you have 5 new products in the store. These emails will keep you at the top of your subscribers' minds, and make sure that you have as much visibility as possible for your new products.
Step By Step Instructions
- Under the Automations tab, select Campaigns. Then, click the "Create Campaign" button.
- Start by selecting the Blog Automation template.
- Once created, it will take you to the Campaign editor where you can then begin making the changes to customize it for your shop. You'll want to start by selecting the 'Check Feed' action, and changing the Feed URL to match your Etsy store.
The RSS feed for your Etsy shop will be: https://www.etsy.com/shop/*user_name*/rss. Note: Your user name is what you use to login to your Etsy account.
- You can then select the frequency at which you want your Etsy newsletter to send updates, you would keep this set to hourly if you want to send your updates soon after it's released.
Second, you can choose the number of new products you have added to your shop before a new update is sent out.
- Next, you'll want to customize your message that gets sent to your subscribers. You can do this by selecting the "Send Message" action nested within the "Check Feed" action and clicking the blue subject line.
- Once you are in the message editor, you would want to select the Feed element and update the URL to be the same URL you used in the Check Feed action within your Campaign editor.
- After updating the URL you can customize your feed element with the various settings we offer to match what you like. Once you're done with this, you would also want to edit the rest of the message including the subject line to better match the Etsy store you're promoting.
- Once you're done, simply click "Save & Exit" at the bottom right corner of the page to save your changes to the message. This will take you back to the Campaign editor where you will then want to "Save & Exit" again.
The last thing you'll need to do is activate your Campaign so that it can start sending updates when new products are added to your store. To do this click the "Activate" button for your Campaign.
And that's it! Congratulations, you have successfully created an Automated Newsletter Campaign! Your subscribers will now receive emails automatically when you add new products to your Etsy Shop!