How do I move or copy subscribers using a link with AWtomator?
AWtomator is a service that provides a variety of tools that can be beneficial to your campaigns and AWeber account.
In this article, we will review how to move or copy subscribers using a link within AWtomator. Link triggers are built into AWtomator and give you the ability to have subscribers moved or copied to a new list after the subscriber clicks the link.
Step By Step Instructions
- If you haven't done so already, connect your AWtomator account with your AWeber account. To do so, click "Connect to AWeber" from the dashboard.
You will then be prompted to log into your AWeber account in order to authorize this integration. Once you have entered your AWeber log in information, click on the "Allow Access" button.
- Now that you've connected to AWeber, click "Add Event" from the left hand sidebar.
- Enter in the name of the event.
- Choose "Link" from the "Event Type" option.
- Select the list that will be affected by this event. Then, click the "Next" button at the bottom left of the page.
- Enter the URL for your hyperlink in the "Link Destination URL" field. Provide a link expiration if needed.
If desired, select a delay period.
Next, choose the list you would like to move or copy subscribers to.
After this is complete, you can review any advanced settings and click the "Next" button, when ready.
- Now that your settings are complete, the link event will then take effect as intended. Highlight the URL provided by AWtomator and place it into your message where you want subscribers to click.
Last, click the button under "Event Status" to activate the event.
That's it! You have now successfully set up your AWtomator automation.
AWtomator advises you to test your links before sending out your message to ensure they are working as intended. Send a test message to yourself to an email address already subscribed to the list.
When using an AWtomator link, the click tracking report would not be collected within AWeber.
Also, be sure that your link reads as an "http://" protocol within your AWeber message and not "other".