AWtomator is a service that provides a variety of tools that can be beneficial to your campaigns and AWeber account. Link triggers are built into AWtomator and give you the ability to have subscribers moved or copied to a new list after the subscriber clicks the link.
Step By Step Instructions
- If you haven't done so already, connect your AWtomator account with your AWeber account. To do so, click "Connect to AWeber" from the dashboard.
You will then be prompted to log into your AWeber account in order to authorize this integration. Once you have entered your AWeber log in information, click on the "Allow Access" button.
- Now that you've connected to AWeber, click "Add Event" from the left hand sidebar.
- Enter in the name of the event, and select the list that will be affected by this event.
- Choose "Link" from the "Event Type" option. Then, click the "Next" button.
- Enter the URL for your hyperlink in the "Link Destination URL" field. Provide a link expiration if needed. Then, select the delay period and the action that will be performed. Once chosen, select the list that subscribers are to be sent to. After this is complete, click the "Next" button.
- Here, you can select which follow up message number subscribers would be set at. The number you select will indicate the "Last" follow up received number for the subscriber. This means, whichever number selected will send subscribers the next message number in your series. Once complete, click the "Finish" button.
That's it! The link event will then take effect as intended. Highlight the URL provided by AWtomator and place it into your message where you want subscribers to click. Then, all you need to do is click the button under "Event Status" to activate the event.
AWtomator advises you to test your links before sending out your message to ensure they are working as intended. Send a test message to yourself to an email address already subscribed to the list.
When using an AWtomator link, the click tracking report would not be collected within AWeber.
Also, be sure that your link reads as an "http://" protocol within your AWeber message and not "other".