We use GoToWebinar, a third-party service, to run our webinars. If you are having trouble seeing or hearing the presenter during a webinar, or just need to walk through the steps of how to sign up and attend, please refer to the information below.
When You Register
Shortly before the webinar you will be sent an email containing a "Join Webinar" button. Click on this to attend the presentation. You should plan on attending the presentation about 5 minutes before it is scheduled to start to make sure you don't miss anything!
GoToWebinar should guide you through the setup process smoothly at this point - If it does not, there are a few things you can check:
- If you have a personal or network firewall, make sure that GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar is not being blocked. If so, unblock GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar and try again. (Consult your firewall's help document for more information.)
- If this is the first time you're attending a webinar through GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar, and the application does not launch after you click "Join Webinar" (if you don't see the GoToWebinar control panel), look for the "launch software" button on the page.
- If you are still having trouble, try using a different browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome), and click "Join Webinar" again.
Having trouble seeing the screen or hearing the presenter during the webinar? Check out the links below.
Can't See the Presenter's Screen?
- Try using another browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome), and click "Join Webinar" again.
- Check the time: webinars usually start shortly AFTER the scheduled time, so wait until you hear the presenter's voice or it is a minute or two past the start time before leaving the session.
- Hold Alt + Tab on a PC (or Command + Tab on a Mac) and select the GoToWebinar/GoToWebinar application to make sure that it is not minimized or covered by another window.
Can't Hear the Presenter?
- Make sure that you have clicked the "Use Mic and Speakers" option under the Audio section in the GoToWebinar control panel:
- Check your speakers themselves - sometimes the connection to your computer can come loose - and make sure that they are on (try adjusting the volume as well).
- Make sure that you have sound enabled on your computer - usually you will do this from your computer's Control Panel, but you may need to consult your computer's help file for more information.