How do I add text or images to my sign up form?
Adding text and hyperlinks
- When you create a new form, a header and footer are included by default. Select either the Header or Footer to edit that area.
- In the popup that appears, type in your text, then click "Save Field" when you are done.
- To add text to the body of your form, click "Add Text".
You can drag this text to different positions once on the form.
You can also make clickable links in these text areas. When editing one of them, highlight the text that you would like to become a link, then click the button that looks like a chain link in the toolbar of the popup.
In the new window that appears, enter the full URL (including http://) of the page you would like the link to be connected to, select whether you would like the link to open in the same window or a new one, and give the link a title. The title will appear if someone hovers their mouse over the link before clicking it, like a tooltip. When you're done, click the "Insert" button.
- If you would like to add an image to your form, you'll have access to the image gallery on your account along with being able to upload an image or add a hosted URL. Start by clicking on the "Add Image" button from the "Elements" section.
- A placeholder box will appear above the footer section of your template along with a dialogue box. To upload an image or use one from your gallery, click "Image Gallery".
- Select an image from your gallery or upload a new image.
If you want to use a hosted form link, you'll just use the "Image URL" portion of the image dialogue box to paste that address in.
Note: AWeber strongly suggests that you only use secure, https links for any images you plan on linking in your form. Using non-secure links could result in content being blocked.
- Once your image is inserted you can then move it by clicking on it and dragging it to the area of the form that you want it to appear.
Adding background images
- In addition to adding images through the "Add Image" button, you can also add images into the background of the header, body, or footer of your form. Just like with inserting an image, you can use your gallery, upload an image, or use a hosted URL.
In this example, we are selecting the header to add the image into.
- Once you select the appropriate option from the "Form Type" menu, additional options will appear where you can insert a background image for the header/footer/body. If you want to either use your gallery or upload a new image, click "Image Gallery".
If you want to add a hosted link, paste the URL into the "Background Image" text box.
- Next, adjust the placement of the image you placed in the background if desired. Click the first drop-down menu underneath the "Padding" section.
For this example we are choosing to align "Center" align the image.
If you notice that the image is still not quite where you want it, this is where adjusting the padding for the form comes in handy. Adjusting the padding can help to change the placement of your header image. We suggest making changes to the padding numbers to "push" your image where you want it placed.
Note: If you want to change either of the two numbers for horizontal or vertical padding independently of each other, click the chain link icon between the two numbers.
- Click the "Save Your Form" button when you are done making any of these changes in order to save your work.
Adding an image next to form fields
- If you're trying to have an image appear to the left or right of your form inputs, you can usually accomplish that by adjusting the padding for that form. To start, make sure you have a form with enough width for what you want. The highest that can be set to 900 pixels wide.
Note: You can always edit that size any other time in case you need more room.
- For the example below, we're going to be adding an image to the Body section. Choose the image you want to use from the "Background Image" section.
- Next, for the image alignment, set it to either be "Left" or Right" of the inputs. For this example, we'll be left aligning the image.
- Now comes the part where you'll adjust the padding to have the image aligned how you want it. Make sure you're using an image that can fit into the allotted area. You can always resize the image and then re-upload to AWeber.
First click the link icon between the horizontal padding options. In doing that, the paddings can move independently of each other.
The padding will vary depending on the form you're using and the size of the image. Since a form can't be over 900 pixels, you would want to have a picture that's sized enough to fit. It will take some trial and error to get the exact numbers but when you do, that image will appear to the left of the form.
Generally speaking, you'll be adding more padding to the side where you want the image to display.
And that's it! Now you will have that lovely image to the side of your opt-in forms so you can include any additional images or pictures of puppies if you need.