When a person subscribes to your list using a form on your website, they're re-directed to a page meant to encourage them to confirm their subscription (if Confirmed Opt-In is on) or notify them that their subscription is complete (if Confirmed Opt-In is off).
You may use one of three customized versions of the Thank You Page hosted at AWeber, or create your own page hosted on your own website.
Step By Step Instructions
- First, click on the "Sign Up Forms" tab.
- Click on the name of the form you wish to edit.
- Above the sign up form generator, click the section for "Settings".
- Click on the "Thank You Page" drop-down box. You will see either 3 or 5 options to select from, depending on whether you have Confirmed Opt-In turned on or not.
This version is AWeber-hosted and customized with your logo, which you can change on the "List Settings" page in your account.
Audio Version (Confirmed Opt-In Only)
This version is AWeber-hosted, customized with your logo, and plays audio encouraging your new subscribers to confirm their subscriptions.
"Smart" Video Version (Confirmed Opt-In Only)
This version is AWeber-hosted, customized with your logo, and plays a video with an example of how your confirmation message may look to your subscriber in their inbox.
This version is hosted on your website. When the subscriber submits their email and any other information successfully, they are re-directed to the URL you enter after selecting this option.
Stay on Current Page
This option is not like the others, in that subscribers are not sent to a different page. Instead, once they successfully submit their email and any other information, they are sent back to the same page that they had just filled out the form on.
Note: You can click on the "Preview" button in order to see a live preview of any of the options.
- Select the type of "Thank You Page" you wish to use. If you choose the "Custom Page" option, you will also need to enter the URL of the page you'd like to send subscribers to.
- If you'd like to have the "Thank You Page" open in a new window, check the "Open this in a new window" checkbox.
- Save your sign up form. If you haven't yet published it to your website, or if you've used the "Raw HTML Version" of the form, you will also need to publish or republish the form.