There are over 1.84 Billion daily active Facebook users. That’s how many people are visiting the social media giant on a daily basis. Facebook is so big, marketers can not ignore an audience this big.
In order to capitalize on this audience you and your business need to have a Facebook page.
How to sign up for Facebook
There are two ways you can sign up for a personal Facebook account - through your desktop and on their mobile app.
From desktop computer
- Go to www.facebook.com
- Click the Create new account button
- Complete the Sign Up information and click the Sign Up button
- Finally, Facebook will ask you to confirm your email address or the cell phone number you entered
From mobile app
- From your mobile device, download the Facebook app
- Once the app has been installed, open it
- Click Create Account
- Go through the prompts to complete the required information including name, birthday, gender, phone number, and email address
- Create password
- Select Register
How to create a Facebook business page
In order to create a Facebook business page, you will need a personal Facebook page.
When you create the business page, you will be the administrator. But you can provide administrator access to employees as long as they have a personal Facebook page.
From desktop computer
- Log into your personal Facebook page
- Visit https://www.facebook.com/pages/create
- Add a page name for your business page
- Add a category for your business
- Add a description for your business
- Click the Create Page button
- Images, contact information, and other details can be added after the page is created
From mobile app
- Open your Facebook app
- In the bottom panel, go to Pages
- Select +Create
- Select Get Started
- Go through the prompts to complete the required information including business category, business name, and website address (if you have one), and add a profile picture
- Select Done
How to collect email addresses on Facebook
Give your followers an easy way to sign up for your email list. Simply add a free email newsletter sign up form to my Facebook page to turn your followers into subscribers!
AWeber's Facebook integration allows you to easily add an email sign up form to a Facebook fan/business page. Due to the nature of personal Facebook profile pages it is not possible to add a sign up form to those types of pages. If you do not yet have a Facebook fan/business page you can simply create one at Facebook.
This article explains how to install a sign up form to your Facebook fan/business page through AWeber's integration. This type of form is only visible for desktop users. To capture mobile visitors' email addresses, use the Facebook Call to Action button instructions.
Note: if you are connecting the app using Firefox, you may need to disable your Enhanced Tracking Protection prior to completing this setup. You can re-enable those settings once complete.
Step by Step Instructions
- First, be sure to be logged in to your Facebook account. Once you are logged in, click this link to add the AWeber app. After the page loads, click the "Add App to Page" button and log into your Facebook page.
Once there, choose the page you'd like to add the app to, then click "Add Page Tab."
This will take you back to your profile homepage in Facebook.
- From the homepage, you will want to locate "Your Pages" found on the right side of the page.
- On the next page, find the "Email Signup" tab under "More".
- Then, you will want to click the "Configure" button.
You will then be prompted to enter your AWeber login details in order to allow Facebook to connect to your AWeber account. After you have entered your AWeber login details press the "Allow Access" button.
The page with the "Configure" button will then appear again. Press that "Configure" button again.
- Next, choose the list you'd like to have subscribers added to:
And the form you'd like to appear:
Then click the "Save Changes" button to install your form!
Note: if you do not complete the above step then a form will not display when a subscriber clicks the "Email Newsletter" tab. Instead they will see a page that says "This page has not been set up yet!"