All form data, including the information input by your subscriber, can be passed to your thank you pages either:
After a subscriber successfully submits a form
After a subscriber confirms their subscription
.. Or, in both cases
Often times, this is desired to integrate with a third party application (e.g. a shopping cart), or for a custom purpose tailored by a developer to suit a website owner's needs. If you are not sure why you'd want to have this data passed, we recommend ignoring this possibility altogether for the time being. Knowing it's a possibility, you can keep it in your back pocket and revisit implementing it when you see a clear need for it.
Technical Note: Data is passed in the query string (ie. via the GET method) and thus can be accessed using both client and server-side scripts.
How to Pass Form Data to the Form Thank You Page
If you'd like to have form data passed to the page subscribers see immediately after successful submitting a sign up form.
- Under the "Sign Up Forms" tab, either create a new form or edit an existing one by clicking on its name.
- Click on the "Settings" in the Sign Up Form generator.
- Click on the "Show Advanced Settings" button.
- Check the "Forward subscriber information to your thank you page" box.
- Complete any other changes you need to make to your new or existing form, and save it by clicking "Save Your Form."
How to Pass Form Data to the Confirmation Success Page
If you'd like to have form data passed to the page subscribers see after clicking on the confirmation link, follow these steps.
- Under the "List Options" tab, click List Settings.
- Click "Confirmed Opt-In" on this page.
- Scroll down to the "Success Page" section (learn more about using a custom success page). Check the box labeled Pass subscriber info.
- Once you're done, click "Save Settings."
When testing your form (or after confirming your subscription), you will see the form data originally submitted upon signing up in the query string.