All form data, including information entered by your subscriber, can be passed to your thank you pages either:
After a subscriber successfully submits a form
After a subscriber confirms their subscription
... Or, in both cases
If you are not sure why you'd want to pass this data, we recommend you disregard that option altogether for the time being. If you're using a Wordpress website you would want to keep this option unchecked. Due to inherent coding on Wordpress we never advise passing form data to those pages as they are more than likely going to break and go to a 404 error page.
Technical Note: Data is passed in the query string (ie. via the GET method) and thus can be accessed using both client and server-side scripts.
How to Pass Form Data to your Thank You Page
If you'd like to have form data passed to the page subscribers see immediately after successful submitting a sign up form, reference the steps below.
Note: If you're looking to display that information on the page, please reference this article as well.
- Under the "Sign Up Forms" tab, either create a new form or edit an existing one by clicking on its name.
- Click on the "Settings" in the Sign Up Form generator.
- Click the "Show Advanced Settings" button.
- Check the "Forward subscriber information to your thank you page" box.
Note: You will need to use a Custom Thank You Page to access this functionality.
- Complete any other changes you need to make to your new or existing form, and save it by clicking "Save Your Form."
How to Pass Form Data to the Confirmation Success Page
If you'd like to have form data passed to the page subscribers see after clicking on the confirmation link, follow these steps.
- Under the "List Options" tab, click List Settings.
- Click "Confirmation Message" on the left hand side of this page.
- Scroll down to the "Confirmation success page" section (learn more about using a custom success page). Check the box labeled "Personalize your custom success page with subscriber information".
- Once you're done, click "Save Settings."
When testing your form (or after confirming your subscription), you will see the form data originally submitted upon signing up in the query string.