With the Webform Widget for Wordpress, you can easily drag and drop forms that you have created in your AWeber account onto your Wordpress page. All you need is your AWeber account and a completed sign up form. This is a great way to provide your website visitors with a way to join your email list.
The following instructions are for placing a form onto a blog that you are hosting on your own domain, using the Wordpress.org software.
Users of Wordpress.com-hosted blogs, please note that they do not permit placing forms on your blog. You may want to have AWeber host your form instead, and simply provide a link to the form on your blog.
Not sure if you have a WordPress.org page? See the differences between the .com and .org versions of WordPress.
Step By Step Instructions
- You'll find the AWeber Wordpress Webform Widget in the Wordpress.org store. You can use Wordpress to install the widget for you, but if you're manually installing it, make sure you upload it to "/wp-content/plugins/". Once installed, activate it on your Plugins page by clicking the "Network Activate" link.
If you are not familiar with installing WordPress plugins, WordPress.org has a walkthrough that you can consult.
- To connect the widget to your AWeber account, first click the "AWeber" menu option from the right-hand side of your Wordpress dashboard. Then, click "Advanced Options."
- On the "AWeber Web Form Options" page, click the "Click here to get your authorization code" link.
Need to set up your account first? Click "Don't have an account? Sign up today!" to get started with your 30-day free trial.
- You will then be brought to a page to authorize the integration. Enter your AWeber login credentials, and click the "Allow Access" button.
You will then be taken to a page with your unique authorization code. Highlight and copy this code.
- Return to the "AWeber Web Form Options" page and paste the authorization code into the textbox for step two.
- Once complete, click the "Make Connection" button.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the widget! Now, you can select the form that you would like to display and adjust where the form appears on your site. You can also set up your blog so that people who comment on your posts are added to your list and you can install web analytics on your pages. Visit our articles below for further instructions on how to do this: