How do I create a new list?
You can easily create a new list within your account. This enables you to set up separate campaigns for your different websites, or for different groups of people (prospects and customers, for example).
Note: You can only have one list on the AWeber Free plan. Upgrade your account to be able to create multiple lists and access many more features by clicking here, or by contacting our Customer Solutions team.
Further instructions on how to upgrade your account if needed can be found here.
Step By Step Instructions
- First, click "Lists" in the top-left of your AWeber dashboard. Then, click the "Create New List" on the bottom of the dropdown.
- You will be taken to the "Tell Us About Your Business" page. First, enter the name of your company or program that you are marketing. Then, enter the website URL for the website that is associated with your company or program. If you don't have a website yet that is okay. You can always add one in the future.
- After you have entered your company details, you will then need to enter your "Contact Address." Choose an existing address or select "Use different address" to assign a postal address that you can be reached at by subscribers if needed. This address will automatically appear at the bottom of any messages that you send out. A valid postal address is required by the CAN-SPAM Act. Now that all the required information is added, click "Next" to continue.
- You will now describe what your email list is about. Enter a "List Name" and "List Description" for your list. Next you will enter your "From Name" and select a "From Address." This is the name and email address that your messages will appear to come from when subscribers receive your messages. Once you are done filling this information out, click the "Next" to continue.
- On the last page you will set up the confirmation message that is sent to subscribers when they are added to your mailing list. This email is sent to subscribers in order to gain their permission and to show that they want to receive information from you. Even if you do not plan on using a confirmation message, you will still need to set it up. First, you can specify what language you want to use for this confirmation message.
Then, you will need to setup the subject line for the confirmation message. If you choose to use one of our approved subject lines you will be given a drop down menu with those pre-approved options.
- If you do not wish to use one of our pre-approved subject lines, you can always type in your own subject line. Just click the "Request a custom subject line" link.
- If you choose to type in your own subject line, please allow up to 1 business day for that subject line to be approved. In general, a custom subject line must tell subscribers who you are, explain why they are receiving the confirmation message, and explain what they need to do with the message.
- You can also choose to personalize the subject line with information captured from the subscriber by using the Personalize drop down menu. So for example we have chosen to personalize our subject line with the subscribers first name.
- After you have selected your confirmation message subject line you can edit the confirmation message itself. Select "Edit message content" to edit your confirmation message.
You can designate the header, button text and signature of the message.
- Once you are done editing your confirmation message, click the "Preview" button to accept your changes. Click "Create List" to finalize your list setup.
Congratulations! You've successfully created a new list in your account. You can start setting up messages and adding subscribers.