When you are running your email marketing campaign, you may want to have separate lists - one for your prospective customers and one for your existing customers. Since each list in AWeber has its own dedicated follow up series, someone who is subscribed to a prospect list would receive different follow up messages than someone subscribed to a customer list.
Additionally, you can create an automation rule that will automatically unsubscribe someone from your prospects list once they purchase from you and become a customer. If you've integrated your AWeber account with a shopping cart such as PayPal, you can set the app to add subscribers to specific lists based on the product they purchase from you.
Note: this feature is not accessible on the AWeber Free plan. Upgrade your account to unlock this feature and many more by clicking here, or by contacting our Customer Solutions team.
Further instructions on how to upgrade your account if needed can be found here.
Step By Step Instructions
- First, click "Lists" from the top-right of your AWeber control panel.
- On this page, click the "Create a List" button.
- You will be directed to a page where you set up your list. For more information that explains the complete instructions of creating a new list, click here. If you have a dedicated prospect list, it may be a good idea to name your list to reflect this.
- Once your prospect list is created, you need to complete steps #1 through #3 for your customer list. If you have a dedicated customer list, it may be a good idea to name your list to reflect this.
- Now that you have each list created, you can set your automation rule to automatically unsubscribe someone from your prospect list once they are added to your customer list. To accomplish this, you need be in your "Prospect" list (from the current list drop down menu in the upper left), and hover over the "List Options" tab to click "List Automation."
- Click "Add Automation" to get started.
In the window that pops over the page, create the rule for "Unsubscribe from list (name of your prospect list) when subscribing to (name of your customer list)."
Click "Save" once the rule is added.
That's it! Now when your subscriber signs up for your prospect list they will receive only your prospect list follow ups. Using PayPal as an example, once the subscriber purchases from you, they will be added to your customer list and be automatically unsubscribed from your prospect list. The subscriber would now only receive the follow up messages from the customer list.
For a list of other services that you can integrate with AWeber, please click here!