While the body of the confirmation message, including the confirmation link itself, cannot be edited, you can customize the surrounding content of the confirmation message. The surrounding content that can be customized include the subject line, the introduction, the signature line, and the page subscribers are taken to after clicking the confirmation link.
Step By Step Instructions
- First, you should go to the Confirmation Message page. To get there, click List Settings under List Options. From the left-hand side of the page, click on Confirmation Message.
- The first thing to edit on this page is the subject line of the message. You can choose one of our approved subject lines from the drop-down menu provided.
You can also always provide your own custom subject line for the confirmation message. To do so, click on the link provided for Request a custom subject line.
If using a custom subject line, we recommend that you mention the name of your company, as it can be a powerful tool in increasing confirmation rates. Keep in mind that while editing the subject (or any other area on this page), you can add the subscribers name or other personalization field by selecting it from the drop-down box.
Note: Custom subjects are reviewed by AWeber's Support Team. They need to convey two pieces of information:
- A call-to-action
- A request for previous information
- If you would like to change the language for your confirmation message, that can be done using the "Language" drop-down menu.
- After selecting the subject line for this message, you'll need to edit the Message content as well. You can do this by clicking "Edit message content."
Or, by hovering over the entire block of text and selecting "Click to edit".
We recommend using your own introduction rather than the default. This is a great place to provide a little information about the confirmation process and explain why the subscriber should confirm. Keep in mind that there is a limit to the size of the introduction - it can have no more than 500 characters and must be 10 lines or less.
Note: To revert back to default text for each section click the "Reset Content" button.
You can also select the text you want to display on the confirmation button.
You'll also be able to edit the Signature of this message. This can be a simple sign off, or can contain additional information as a part of saying thanks.
- After you've finished editing the message, click "Preview" to return to the message preview and save your changes.
- Below the message itself, you can change the web page that people are sent to when they click that confirmation link. By default, they will go to a basic page that AWeber hosts, so it's a good idea to have a page of your own to direct them to--there you can thank them, redirect them to your web site, or tell them about the next step they should take. Enter the URL of the page that you would like the subscriber to be sent to after they confirm into the "Confirmation Success Page URL" field. Make sure to include the full URL, http:// and all.
Note: The "Personalize your custom success page..." toggle can be enabled if you need to pass information back to your site. If you do not want to do this, or are not sure why you would want to, you can simply leave that unchecked for now.
That's it! Once you are done making changes, be sure to click "Save All Settings."