Do you have an email list with another provider? Moving them to AWeber is simple.
You can import a list of subscribers via the "Add Subscribers" page of your AWeber account. By default, when you import subscribers, they will not be sent a confirmation message. If you decide you would like subscribers to be added to your list with confirmation instead, you can still do so.
The limit for the amount of subscribers you can import into your account without having a manual review is 10,000 subscribers per month. Our import team will then review the import and that process can take up to 1 business day.
For more on preparing your list for the import process, take a look at: What Should I Consider When I Import Subscribers?
Watch A Video
Step by Step Instructions
- First, hover over the Subscribers tab and click on Add Subscribers.
- On the Add Subscribers page you will want to click the "Import Subscribers" button under "Import More Than 10 Subscribers."
- Next, you will be given the option to select the list you will be import subscribers into.
- On this page, you will also be given the option to import your list in two different ways. The way that you choose will depend on if you have the subscribers saved in a valid file format. If your subscribers are saved in any of the following file formats you will be able to upload that file directly to us:
Once you have uploaded your file skip step 5 below and proceed to step 6 for further instruction.
- If your subscribers are not stored in any of the above file types you will want to select "Click to Input".
Here you can either copy and paste your subscriber information into the input area or you can type it in manually. Our system will recognize your subscribers being entered as long as their information is separated by a TAB, semicolon, or comma. In this example I have typed the subscribers in manually and separated their names, email addresses, and custom color fields with commas.
After you are done inputting all of your subscribers and their information click the "Next" button.
- Next, you will be taken to a page where you will will see the information for the first subscriber that was entered. Next to their information you will see several drop down menu's. From these drop down menu's select the field that their information should be matched with.
Note: If you are including an Ad Tracking value in your import, it must not exceed 20 characters in length.
If you do not see a field to match the subscribers information to, then from that drop down menu you will want to select "Create New."
You will then see a prompt that will ask you to give a name to the new custom field that you are creating to match that subscriber information to. So in our example we are naming the field Color because it will be for matching our subscribers favorite color to.
Note: Due to how information is stored in our database you can only add one field with the word "Name" in it.
If you would like the subscribers to have the ability to update that information on their end then you will want to check off the "Subscriber Update" checkbox underneath where you typed in the name for the field.
After you are finished entering the name for the custom field click the "Create" button. Once you are done matching up all of your subscribers information click the "Next" button.
- On the next page you will need to provide some information on how you had gathered and obtained those subscribers. As you select the appropriate option you will be prompted to provide more information about the option you chose. In this example we selected that our subscribers came from a signup form on our site.
Once you have completed this step click the "Next" button at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page you will be given the option to have your subscribers start on your follow up sequence. You need to select the message you want your subscribers to receive, or to not send your subscribers any follow up messages at all. Simply select the radio button for whichever option you would like to go with, then click the "Next" button.
- You'll be asked "Do you want your subscribers to opt in again?". If you would like confirmation to be sent to subscribers instead, select Yes. Once complete, click "Next". If you wish to bypass that confirmation message, select No.
Note: You can review your confirmation message when selecting Yes to ensure it is completed before being sent out to your list.
- You will also have the option to apply a general tag to all subscribers in an import on the next step of the process. Enter the desired tag into the "Tags" area. Once you've entered the tag, click "Finish Import".
Note: You do not need to add the tags to your list in this step if you have already included them on your import file as an additional column.
Ready to get started with email marketing? Start your 30-day free trial now.