You can easily import a list of subscribers via the "Import" page of your AWeber account. If you're transferring your subscribers from another email marketing service, it's a good idea to make sure that your subscribers know they'll need to confirm to continue getting your messages, and make it clear to them the benefits of staying on your list. You can even offer a reward for confirming.
If your entire list of subscribers have already confirmed their subscription using a similar process as AWeber, we can explore importing them without sending an additional confirmation message.
For more on preparing your list for the import process, take a look at: What Should I Consider When I Import Subscribers?
Watch A Video
Step by Step Instructions
- First, hover over the "Subscribers" tab and click on"Add Subscribers."
- On the "Add Subscribers" page you will want to click the "Import Subscribers" button under "Import More Than 10 Subscribers."
- Next, you will see a drop down menu for "Which list should we add these subscribers to?" From that drop down menu select the list that you want to import your subscribers into and click "Next."
- You will then be taken to a page where you can import your list in two different ways. The way that you choose will depend on if you have the subscribers saved in a valid file format. If your subscribers are saved in any of the following file formats you will be able to upload that file directly to us:
Note: You can only import up to 2,000 subscribers per day. So if you have more than 2,000 subscribers you will want to break your list down to smaller segments of 2,000 or less and import them separately.
Once you have uploaded your file skip step 5 below and proceed to step 6 for further instruction.
- If your subscribers are not stored in any of the above file types you will want to click on "Copy & paste or enter by hand"
You will then be taken to a page where you can either copy and paste your subscribers into the input area or you can type them in manually. Our system will recognize your subscribers being entered as long as their information is separated by a TAB, semicolon, or comma. In this example I have typed the subscribers in manually and separated their names, email addresses, and custom color fields with commas.
After you are done inputting all of your subscribers and their information click the "Next" button.
- Next, you will be taken to a page where you will will see the information for the first subscriber that was entered. Next to their information you will see several drop down menu's. From these drop down menu's select the field that their information should be matched with.
If you do not see a field to match the subscribers information to, then from that drop down menu you will want to select "Create New."
You will then see a prompt that will ask you to give a name to the new custom field that you are creating to match that subscriber information to. So in our example we are naming the field Color because it will be for matching our subscribers favorite color to.
Note: Due to how information is stored in our database you can only add one field with the word "Name" in it.
If you would like the subscribers to have the ability to update that information on their end then you will want to check off the "Subscriber Update" checkbox underneath where you typed in the name for the field.
After you are finished entering the name for the custom field click the "Create" button. Once you are done matching up all of your subscribers information click the "Next" button.
- On the next page you will need to provide some information on how you had gathered and obtained those subscribers. This is used in our manual review process. As you select the appropriate option you will be prompted to provide more information about the option you chose. In this example we selected that our subscribers came from a signup form on our site.
Once you have completed this step click the "Next" button at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page you will be given the option to have your subscribers start on your follow up sequence. You may choose to have your subscribers start on your first follow up message, start on a particular message number in your sequence, or to not send your subscribers any follow up messages at all. Simply select the radio button for whichever option you would like to go with, then click the "Next" button.
- On the last page of the import process you are asked to review your confirmation message. Subscribers that are imported into your list will be sent this message. Before they receive any further messages from you they must click the link in the confirmation message to confirm that they would like to be on your mailing list.
If you would like to customize your confirmation message please click on the "customize this message" link.
This will open up a new tab in your browser and take you to the "List Settings" area of your account. If you are not already on the "Confirmed Opt-In" page you will want to click on "Confirmed Opt-In" at the top of the page.
- Once you are done editing your confirmation message you can close the tab in your browser that it is open on. You can then go back to the tab that the import page is opened on to continue processing that import. To finish your import just click the "Finish Import" button at the bottom of the page.
Note: When you perform an import, a confirmation message is sent out to the list that you add, so make sure that the confirmation message is something that they will recognize and respond to. If your entire list of subscribers have already confirmed their subscription using a similar process as AWeber, we can explore importing them without sending an additional confirmation message. If you do not see this warning, simply go on to the next step.