Using your customer control panel, you can unsubscribe one person at a time, or a group of subscribers all at once.
Unsubscribing One Person At a Time
- Go to the main "Dashboard."
- Above the "Lists" table towards the bottom of the page you will see an area in which you can perform an individual subscriber search. From the first drop-down menu you can choose to search by the subscribers "Email" or "Name." Once you enter your search criteria you will want to click the "Search All Lists" button
- Once your search is completed you will see an entry for every list in your account that the email address is on. Click on the name field, hyperlinked in blue, to pull up the subscriber's profile.
- At the upper right-hand corner of the subscriber's information, click the "Unsubscribe" button.
Unsubscribing A Group of People
- First, go to to the "Subscribers" page. Click the "Subscriber Tools" tab and click "Bulk Unsubscribe."
- On the Bulk Unsubscribe page you will want to paste the email addresses you want to unsubscribe into the "Emails" box.
Where it says "Reason for unsubscribing," you can enter a word to remind you why you're unsubscribing these people. That label will be stored as the Ad Tracking value for those subscribers. You can view this Ad Tracking while searching subscribers or viewing the Ad Tracking reports in your account.
You can choose to unsubscribe the group of subscribers from all lists at once by clicking "Unsubscribe these subscribers from all lists in my account."
You can also choose to add the email addresses to your block list.
You can also choose to apply any automation rules that you have setup to the list of unsubscribes.
- Click the Unsubscribe button once you are done.
Please note that the addresses that you wish to unsubscribe can be listed in any format, even if found throughout extra text. For instance, let's say that you've received the following message from one of your subscribers:
I, (email@example.com), am no longer in the market for a widget. Please stop sending widget-promoting emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can copy that whole message, paste it into the Addresses to Unsubscribe text box, and click the Unsubscribe button. We'll remove all of the email addresses mentioned in the message from your autoresponder, including: