What can I do when my subscriber can't find the confirmation message?
If a subscriber reports a missing confirmation message to you, there are a few options available to you and the subscriber.
- Look for the message in any other folders it may have been misdirected to. For example, if the subscriber is using Gmail, have them check their "Promotions" tab.
- Search for your from address in their email account. This will pull up any messages sent by you.
- Wait an hour, then check for it again.
- Use a different email address to sign up.
- Contact their ISP and check any filters on their own system that may be affecting the deliverability of the message.
Although most issues with the delivery of the confirmation message can be resolved through working with the postmaster of most email providers, the quickest and most straight-forward way to a solution is simply to have the subscriber use another address that likely will not carry the same issues. Another option would be to have the subscriber re-submit to the form 12 hours or more later. When they re-submit to the form at that time, the confirmation will be resent. The best step that you can take to prevent this in the future is to customize the subject line and body of the confirmation message.