Once you have installed email web analytics on your website, you can quickly set up sales tracking (also known as goal tracking) as well, allowing you to see the actual revenue that your list is producing. Sales tracking requires two steps:
Step By Step Instructions
- Under the "Reports" tab, click Settings.
- Scroll down to the "Sale Tracking" section.
The first field here is "New Goal Web Page." Enter the URL where someone is sent to after they place an order.
Note: This should be the URL of a page that people ONLY visit immediately after they order. Each hit to this page will be tracked as a sale.
- Next up is "Goal Description." This is a note you can add to the sale - for instance, if you are offering two different products, you could note that here. If you are not sure what to put here, something simple like "Purchase" is fine.
- The "Event Type" section has a drop down menu - most of the time you will want to select "Sale" as the type of event, but you can also use this feature to track page hits or other events.
- Finally, under "Monetary Value", simply enter the amount in dollars that each sale is worth. Make sure that you have at least some positive value here so that your sales will show up on your QuickStats page.
- Click the "+" button to start tracking your sales.
Once sales tracking is setup, you will be able to view your revenue you are collecting.