With our email web analytics and sales tracking features set up, you can capture a lot of data about subscribers' actions when they visit your website. While our default sales tracking tools are powerful, some users may want to dynamically change the information that is recorded about a sale event - especially if you have many products all purchased from the same page.
Using URL Profiles
You can create a custom URL profile to work with your sales tracking setup, allowing you to use a query string to specify the details of each hit the page. If you are not sure what this means, or why you would want to do this, you might want to first look into our sales tracking feature or simply show this page to your web designer.
- Under the "Reports" tab, click Settings.
- Scroll down to the "Sale Tracking" area, and click the "Default" link under the URL Profile column.
Note: If you have not done so already, you will need to set up basic sales tracking first.
- In the popup that appears, from the drop down menu labeled URL Profile, choose "Add New Profile" - some new fields will appear.
- In the "Profile Description" field, give this profile a name (this is just for your reference).
- In the next field, enter the parameter that will set the monetary value of the sale.
- Finally, enter the name of the parameter that will provide the note for the sale (for instance, the name of the item that was sold).
- Once you're done, click "Update Profile" in the popup, then click "Save" back on the "Settings" page.
From the images above, the monetary value parameter was "hatcost" and the note parameter was "hattype", so if someone was sent to my order confirmation page with this URL:
The sale would be recorded as worth $19 and being a sports sale.
Without Using URL Profiles
Have your order system insert the appropriate values to replace "MONETARY VALUE" with the value of the sale, "SALE DESCRIPTION" with the note (such as the name of the product that was sold).