How can I set the value of my sales dynamically with Sales Tracking?
With Email Web Analytics and Sales Tracking features, you can capture your about subscribers' actions when they visit your website. While our default sales tracking tools are powerful, some users may want to dynamically record a sale event—especially if customers will be purchasing many products.
To be able to properly track page visits a cookie is required. To receive this cookie, a subscriber will need to first visit the page through a link in the email. Once a subscriber has received this cookie, we can track a page visit regardless of where a subscriber came from. If a subscriber does not have this cookie, we won't be able to track their page visit.
Using URL Profiles
Using custom URL profiles, you can use a query string to specify the details of each page hit.
If you are not sure what this means, or why you would want to do this, you might want to first look into our Sales Tracking feature or simply show this page to your web designer.
- Under the "Reports" tab, click "Tracking."
- Scroll down to "Sale Tracking" and click the "Default" link under the URL Profile column.
Note: If you have not done so already, you will need to set up basic Sales Tracking first.
- From the drop-down menu, choose "Add New Profile." Then, some new fields will appear.
- In the "Profile Description" field, give this profile a name (this is just for your reference).
- In the next field, enter the parameter that will set the monetary value of the sale.
- Finally, enter the name of the parameter that will provide the note for the sale (for instance, the name of the item that was sold).
- Once you're done, save your URL Profile, then click "Save" back on the "Settings" page.
In this example, the monetary value parameter was "hatcost" and the note parameter was "hattype," so if someone was sent to my order confirmation page with this URL:
The sale would be recorded as worth $19 and being a sports sale.
Without Using URL Profiles
Have your order system insert the appropriate values to replace "MONETARY VALUE" with the value of the sale, "SALE DESCRIPTION" with the note (such as the name of the product that was sold).