In this article, we will be reviewing the different formats you can create your messages in. You can create plain text and HTML versions of your messages to send to your subscribers.
For HTML Messages:
If messages are created outside of AWeber, before pasting the content into an AWeber message editor, use Notepad or another plain text editor that will not insert proprietary formatting.
Step by Step Instructions
1. Copy message content from the original source.
2. Paste content into a plain text editor like Notepad or a free online resource like:
3. Copy content from the plain text editor.
4. Paste content into the AWeber message editor.
Shortcuts for Pasting without Formatting
Keyboard shortcuts can be used to paste content into the message editor directly without using a plain text editor.
- Using a Mac, press: Command+Shift+V
- Using a PC, press: Ctrl+Shift+V
You can also access this feature using the context menu on your computer.
- Using a Mac, this option is "Paste and Match Style"
- Using a PC, this option is "Paste without formatting"
For Plain Text Messages:
We recommend creating your plain text messages in Notepad, then copying and pasting them into the plain text section of your message.
AWeber offers hundreds of templates you’re welcome to use! If you would ever find yourself wanting to modify an existing template or would like a custom template built for you to reflect your branding, our Template Team would be happy to modify existing templates or design a custom template for you!