Why are there weird characters in my messages?
If your messages contain characters like & or #8217, then you probably used Microsoft Word or another third party to create your messages.
You must use a plain text editor to compose your messages.
Many common word processing applications such as Microsoft Word insert hidden formatting codes into documents. When you try to copy and paste these documents into your AWeber messages using your web browser, the browser doesn't understand those codes.
As a result, strange characters appear in your messages.
What should I do with my content if I need to copy and paste?
If you are unable to write your content directly within the message editor, it would be a good idea to paste your content into an unformatted, plain text editor such as:
After you paste your content into a plain text editor, you can copy the content from the unformatted source and paste it into your AWeber message. This process should help eliminate characters that don't render successfully in your message.
To Fix Messages Written in a Word Processing Program
You'll need to put your message into a plain text editor to remove any word processor formatting:
- Open your message in the word processing program you used to create it.
- Open the word processing program's "File" menu.
- Click "Save As."
- Under the "Save Document as Type" or "Document Type" dropdown menu, choose "text" or "plain text."
- Close the word processing application.
- Click the Windows "Start" button.
- Click "Programs."
- Click "Accessories."
- Click "Notepad" or "Write."
- Open the text file you just saved.
- Copy and paste from that file into your AWeber message.
AWeber offers hundreds of templates you’re welcome to use! If you would ever find yourself wanting to modify an existing template or would like a custom template built for you to reflect your branding, our Template Team would be happy to modify existing templates or design a custom template for you!