You can easily add hyperlinks to messages created with AWeber. You can even hyperlink images that you insert into your messages. Read on for a walkthrough!
Instructions for AWeber's Drag & Drop Email Builder are below. Instructions for the previous version of the editor are further down the page.
Watch A Video
Step By Step Instructions
- When you are working in a message, first highlight the text you'd like to turn into a link.
- In the toolbar above the editor itself, click the "Link" button (it looks like a chain).
- A window will pop up where you will enter in your URL. You can paste in your URL here and then click "OK". If you paste in your full URL into the URL spot, the system will automatically assign the protocol for your link for you.
Hyperlink an Image
- While working on your message, go to insert an image by dragging the "Image" block into the area of your message that you want to insert the image.
- Then, from the image menu that appears click the "Upload An Image" button to upload the image you are trying to insert.
- After your image is uploaded, go back to the image menu. Within that menu there will be a "Image Link" text box. Here, type in the URL that you want that image linked to.
Using AWeber's Previous Editor?
You can add links to plain text and HTML messages. See below for information on how to do so for each type of message.
Plain Text Messages
To add a link to a plain text message, simply enter the full URL.
Be sure to include the http:// part at the beginning.
It won't look clickable in your account, but when the message is sent most recipients' email programs will make it clickable for them.
To add a link to an HTML message, highlight the text that you want to make clickable by clicking and dragging your mouse over it, then click the "Insert/Edit a Hyperlink" icon in the HTML editor in the toolbar near the top of the box.
This brings up a popup window. Type the address where your web page is located online into the URL box and click Insert.