Creating a well designed HTML message is easy to do using the HTML email templates.
Instructions for AWeber's "Drag & Drop Email Builder" are below. Instructions for the previous version of the editor are further down the page.
Watch A Video
Step by Step Instructions
- When creating a follow up message or broadcast, from the right hand sidebar, click the "Templates" button. This will be located under your "Message Properties" section.
By default, you'll look through AWeber created templates, but if you've created templates of your own, you can switch to them by clicking the "My Templates" button.
- In the template browser that opens, simply find a template that you like, then click on it to see a preview on the left of how your message looks with that template applied.
Also note the "Search Templates" bar and "Color Picker" - you can use these to find template that matches your needs.
Click the "Apply" button towards the bottom of the template gallery. This will apply your selected template into the message editor.
- If you'd like to erase whatever content you may have already placed in the message and start over with dummy content, simply uncheck the "Keep My Message Content" box before applying the new template.
Using AWeber's Previous Editor?
- When creating a message (either a follow up or a broadcast), look to the right of the "HTML Message" area to see the "Templates" list.
Simply click on the name of a template to see a preview in the area below.
- Once you've found a template that you would like to work with, click "Load Template."
Note: When you load a template, you will replace any content that is currently in the "HTML Message" area, so make sure that you load your template before starting to work on the content!
- Once you have loaded your template, it will appear in the "HTML Message" area to the left. Simply remove the default text and replace it with your own.
At this point, you can also modify the template by inserting your logo or adding hyperlinks.
- Before saving your message, make sure that you have provided a plain text version of the message in the "Plain Text Message" area as well.
- Once you are satisfied with your message, click "Save Message."