You can easily copy individual follow up and broadcast messages, or copy all of your follow ups and/or broadcasts at once. The copies can either be made within an individual list or they can go across your lists.
Watch a Video
Copying an Individual Message
This is useful when you send out messages with similar styles or content and just need to change a few details from one to the next. You can save your message as a template and then load that template in a new broadcast or follow up message within that same list or another list within your account.
- Locate the message that you would like to copy and open it up by clicking on it's subject line (on the "Follow Up Series" or "Broadcast Messages" page).
Note: If the message is an already sent broadcast, you will want to first copy the message within the broadcast message area for that list before creating a copy to move to other areas of your account.
- Once the message you want to copy is opened, click on the "Templates" button located on the right hand sidebar of your message. This will be located under the "Message Properties" section.
- Next, click the "My Templates" button.
- To the left you will then see where you can name this template. Choose something that will be easy for you to remember whenever you load this message template.
Note: We suggest keeping the template name short as it will be easier to read when choosing the template when loading it in your new message.
- Now open up the new broadcast or follow up message that you want to create in the list that you want it in. Once the message is open you will again want to navigate to the "My Templates" area mentioned in "Step 3" of this article. You will then see the template you had saved and you can click on it and then click on the "Apply" button towards the bottom of the templates to load it.
Copying All Messages Between Lists
You can use our Campaign Sharing feature to copy messages from one list to another. You can use this to set up a testing list where you tweak your messages before copying them over, or simply to duplicate messages and add a few changes for your new list.
- From the "Current List" drop down, choose the list you would like to copy the messages from.
- Under the "Messages" tab, click "Follow Up Series".
- On this page, scroll down to the "Campaign Sharing" section, use the drop down to choose to share follow ups, broadcasts, or both, then click "Save."
- Scroll back down to the "Campaign Sharing" area after saving and copy the campaign sharing code that is provided.
- Now, choose the list that you want to copy these messages to from the "Current List" drop down menu.
- Finally, scroll down to the "Campaign Sharing" area on this page and paste the code into the area next to the red "Load Campaign" button, then click that button.
Note: When you use "Campaign Sharing", any custom or global fields you previously set up will be overwritten. If you copy follow ups, any previously created follow ups in the list will be overwritten, so Backup Your Data before entering the campaign sharing code.