If your links seem to be unclickable when you test your messages, here are some things to look out for:
In a plain text message, you want to make sure that you are including the full URL of the page that you want to link to, http:// and all. For example:
example.com - Will not be clickable.
http://www.example.com - Will be clickable.
Even though the link won't be clickable in the message editor, when you send a plain text message with full URLs as in the example above, they will be converted to clickable links when the message is actually sent (or when you perform a test).
In an HTML message, you need to create hyperlinks in order for them to be clickable.
Step By Step Instructions
- When you are working in a message, first highlight the text you'd like to turn into a link.
- In the toolbar above the editor itself, click the Link button (it looks like a chain).
- This will pop up a window back in the editor - simply enter the destination URL here. Click "OK" once complete.
Note: If you're pasting in your full URL into the "URL" box, the system will automatically assign your protocol for your link.
Using AWeber's Previous Editor?
- In the HTML message, highlight the text that you would like to turn into a link.
- In the toolbar at the top of the editor click the Insert Hyperlink icon.
- In the popup that appears, enter the URL of the website you want to link to into the URL field, then hit Insert.
- Once you're satisfied, hit Save Message to save your changes.
Still Have Questions?
If after reading this article you still have questions, contact us for a personal response from our Customer Solutions team.