How can I have my Blog Broadcast sent shortly after blog posts are published?
Sometimes blog posts are published as often as several times per day. Other times, posts are published less frequently, perhaps only when a new product is launched, an event is coming up, or a major announcement is made.
While sending a broadcast that contains several blog posts is often an appropriate option for blogs that get updated frequently, you may want to send broadcasts of individual blog posts when the blog gets updated less often.
Whatever the reason, scheduling Blog Broadcasts to get sent shortly after blog posts are published is simple.
Send Blog Broadcasts Immediately
1. Go to the Blog Broadcast page and click on the title of the blog broadcast you want to edit, or create a new blog broadcast.
2. Scroll down to the "Send Time" section. Make sure that the settings are as follows:
- The "Send broadcast" option is set to "Immediately"
- The "How Often Should We Send Your Blog Broadcasts?" option is set to "When number of new items is at least 1".
- The "Send Automatically" box is checked, otherwise messages will need to be queued manually within the control panel before they are sent.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Save Blog Broadcast button.
How it Works
Once you set up your blog broadcast with this scheduling, your blog's RSS feed will be checked frequently.
When a new blog post appears, a new broadcast message is created and is immediately sent to your subscribers.