By sending a special message to your subscribers at the beginning of their birthday month, you catch them by surprise with a personal touch.
These messages are a great opportunity to offer an exclusive coupon or discount or just to remind your subscribers of your business.
Step By Step Instructions
- Under the "Sign Up Forms" tab, first either create a new form, or edit an existing one by clicking its name.
- In the editor, click the "Create A New Field" button to add a field. Name it "Birthday Month" and click "OK."
- When you click "OK", you will be prompted to choose the type of field you would like this to be. Luckily, if you use the name "Birthday Month" our sign up form generator is smart enough to automatically select the "Date" type, asking for the month - just click "OK" again!
Note: If you named the field something other than "Birthday Month", you can simply select the "Date" field type and check the "Month" box yourself.
Once you've added that field, click "Save Your Form" and place the form on your site if you haven't already.
- Now when people sign up they can tell you their birthday month, so you'll just need to create a segment so that you can send a birthday greeting to your subscribers in the appropriate month.
To do this, under the "Subscribers" tab, click "Manage Subscribers."
- Next, choose "Birthday Month" from the "Select Field" drop down and enter the month of your choice into the search field in a numerical format. An example of a search would be, "Birthday Month" "is" "0000-01-00", if you want to find subscribers with a birth month of January. Next click the "Search" button.
These are the search options that you would use for each of the various months:
- Now just give this segment a name and click the "Save" button
- When you are creating a broadcast, you will be able to send it to this segment - simply send out your birthday greeting on the first of the month in question, so as not to miss anyone's birthday!