You've probably seen social media buttons on websites, blogs, and generally all over the internet. These buttons allow you to link to Facebook, Twitter, and any other number of social media websites. If you're interested in adding social media buttons to the messages you send with AWeber, simply follow the directions below.
Please note that the instructions directly below are for messages created using our Drag & Drop Email Builder.
Adding "Follow" Buttons
The "Follow Me" block allows you to add buttons to your Follow Up or Broadcast Messages that link directly to your Facebook or Twitter pages.
- When you're creating a message, you can drag the "Follow Me" block into your message in order to add social media buttons.
- From the window that pops up, you can choose to include buttons to allow people to follow you on Facebook or Twitter. You can select your Facebook or Twitter account from the respective drop-down menus.
- If you haven't connected Facebook or Twitter to your account yet, you can do so with the buttons at the bottom of that window on the right.
If you're not already logged in to your Facebook or Twitter account, you may be asked to log in and allow AWeber to connect.
Note: When connecting to Facebook, you will want to make sure you are connecting to your Facebook Profile page and not your Fan page. Once you are connected to your Facebook Profile page we will add any Fan pages that your profile page is an administrator to as well.
- Once you're done, you should see the social media buttons in your message.
Adding "Share" Buttons
The "Share" block allows you to add icons for your favorite social media websites to your broadcast or follow up messages. These icons will allow your subscribers to share your broadcast messages and content from other websites to social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or LinkedIn.
- When you're creating a message, you can drag the "Share" block into your message in order to add social media buttons.
- From the window that pops up, you can choose to link to your Archived Web Version of your broadcast or to a custom URL.
Note: The option to link to an archived version of your message is only available for broadcasts and not for follow up messages.
- You can also edit the "Share Label Text" that you would like to appear next to the social media icons in your message. To edit this text, place your cursor in the text by clicking on it.
- Next, you can edit the size and shape of the icons from the options under the "Share Icon" field.
- At the bottom of that menu on the right you will also be able to choose which social media services you would like to share your content to.
AWeber offers hundreds of templates you’re welcome to use! If you would ever find yourself wanting to modify an existing template or would like a custom template built for you to reflect your branding, our Template Team would be happy to modify existing templates or design a custom template for you!