How do I add social media buttons to my messages?
There are two ways to reference your social media pages within your message in the Drag & Drop Email Builder.
- Add icons that link out to your different social media pages
- Add share buttons to let subscribers share a link to your message on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn
Adding Social Media Icons
The "Social" element allows you to add buttons to your messages that link directly to your social media pages.
- When you're creating a draft, you can drag the "Social" element onto the message canvas.
- The righthand menu that appears will provide you with a default selection of social media platforms that can be linked to. Clicking the "Edit" button associated with each account will allow you to set your URLs. Within this same menu, you'll have the ability to add more URLs, and rearrange the order.
Below the accounts section, you can adjust the design of the icons with Size, Alignment, Shape, and Color Theme.
- Once you're done, you should see the social media buttons in your message.
Add Social Media "Share" Buttons
The "Share" block allows you to add icons for your favorite social media websites to your broadcast or campaign messages. These icons will allow your subscribers to share your message to Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
- When you're creating a message, you can drag the "Share" block into your message in order to add social media buttons.
- From the window that pops up, you can choose to link to the Newsletter Hub Post of the broadcast or to a custom URL.
Note: The option to link to the Newsletter Hub Post for the message is only available for broadcasts and not for Campaign messages.
- You can also edit the "Share" text next to the social media icons in your message. To edit this text, place your cursor in the text by clicking on "Share".
- Next, you can edit the size and shape of the icons from the options under the "Icons" section under the Share menu to the right of the editor.
- At the bottom of that menu on the right you will also be able to toggle on and off which social media site you would like to have displayed.
Want to link to your other social media pages outside of Facebook and Twitter? You can add additional social media icons by adding rows and columns to your message.
What if I have issues designing my messages?
AWeber offers hundreds of templates you’re welcome to use! If you would ever find yourself wanting to modify an existing template or would like a custom template built for you to reflect your branding, our Template Team would be happy to modify existing templates or design a custom template for you!