You can have your broadcast messages posted to your Facebook business page by just following a few quick steps in your AWeber account.
Step By Step Instructions
- Under the "List Options" tab, click List Settings.
From the left-hand side of the page, click "Personalize Your List."
- Scroll down on the "List Settings" page to the "Social Media Sharing" section, and click on the "Connect to Facebook" button.
If you are not already logged into Facebook at this point, you will be taken to the login page. Just enter your information and click Login.
- Once logged in to Facebook, you will be asked to allow AWeber access to make these posts for you. Simply click the "Okay" button.
- At this point, you will be taken back to your AWeber control panel. You can choose to have all your broadcasts posted to Facebook by default by scrolling back down to the "Social Media Sharing" section, hovering over your Facebook account, and clicking the "Make Default" link.
Note: Where Facebook allows you to automatically post to your business page, they do not allow for the automatic posting to a Facebook personal profile. To do so, simply copy and paste the Direct Link URL for your broadcast message after it is sent.
- Now when you edit or create a broadcast message, click the "Enabled" checkbox to enable sharing.
If you've set a Facebook page as the default for your list, you will see it appear in the area below, along with a preview of the post that will be made when the message is sent. If you would like to change which Facebook page the post will be made to (or don't want to post this message), just use the drop down menu.
- When connecting to Facebook, you will want to make sure you are connecting to your Facebook Profile page and not your Fan page. Once you are connected to your Facebook Profile page, we will add any Fan pages that your profile page is an administrator to as well.
- If you want to add a new Facebook account at any point, you will need to first log out of your current Facebook account - by default, your AWeber account will attempt to connect with whatever Facebook account you're currently logged into.
- If you do not see your Facebook page appearing alongside your Facebook profile, first double check that you are an admin for that Facebook page, then click the "Connect To A New Facebook Account" button again.
NOTE - If you're using a business account and your broadcast is not posting to your Facebook page, you need to ensure that your domain is verified.
How Facebook chooses the image that is shared:
- First, Facebook will look at the first image file that in is your email. If it is larger than 300px wide, it will use this image when sharing the Broadcast.
NOTE: Facebook looks at the original size of the image. If you uploaded an image that was larger than 300px and then made it smaller in the editor, they would still use this image. If the image you uploaded was smaller than 300px and you stretched it to make it larger, Facebook would not use the image.
- If the first image in the Broadcast is smaller than 300px, or if there is not an image in the Broadcast, they will use the logo that is saved in your list settings.
- If you do not have a logo saved in your list settings, Facebook will use our default placeholder image.