How do I create a plain message using the Drag & Drop Email Builder?
If you would like to create a plain HTML message, with just text and links, you can easily do this in AWeber's Drag & Drop Email Builder. In this article, we will review how to create a simple message with text.
Note: Although you can create a plain message, we recommend using a custom template that matches your site branding and including images in the message. Not only do email providers like to see a decent ratio of text-to-images, but using your company branding helps build a rapport with your subscribers and helps them recognize your company. You can easily create a template using your site URL and our Smart Designer tool.
Step By Step Instructions
- When you create a new message, click the "Templates" button in the right-hand side of the message editor.
- Click the "Categories" button and select the "Corporate" category.
- Next, click the Plain template. Be sure to select the "Center" option found underneath the template thumbnail.
Note: If you do not have any pre-written content to keep you will want to make sure the "Keep My Content" box is unchecked.
- By default, your template will be center aligned for how it is received by subscribers in their inbox. If you would like your plain template to be left aligned you can select that option from underneath the template.
- Now, you can click the default text to start typing.
You can now create a message with just plain text and hyperlinks, without using a template or any other HTML features.
What if I have issues designing my messages?
AWeber offers hundreds of templates you’re welcome to use! If you would ever find yourself wanting to modify an existing template or would like a custom template built for you to reflect your branding, our Template Team would be happy to modify existing templates or design a custom template for you!