How do I edit an AWeber template?
As you run your campaign you may decide that it is time for you to create a template that you will want to continually use. This is great for branding your campaign with a consistent look that your subscribers will recognize as being unique to you!
If you like the way that our templates look, but just want to change some things around with them and save it as your own template, you can certainly do this using our template editor. This article will explain how to start with and make changes to an AWeber template.
Step By Step Instructions
- Start by going to the "Messages" tab and click on Email Template Manager. Click the "Design My Own Template Button" and select "Start With an AWeber Template."
- The key difference with this message editor is that you are creating a template that you can re-use whenever you create your messages instead of creating a message to be sent. You will want to give your template a name in the area that says "Name Your Template" at the top of the page.
- Once you have named your template, you can load one of our templates and then start editing one of them to fit your own style. Click on the template you would like to edit, and then click "Apply" below.
- Now that you have chosen a template to work with, you can remove any preset blocks that are in it or you can add additional blocks to the row. To delete a block, first click on the block you would like to delete. Then, click on the "Delete" button in the block you have clicked.
To add new blocks to your message, simply drag them from the left hand toolbar into the body of the message.
The "Paragraph" block creates a block of text. Click to edit the text once you've placed the paragraph block.
The "Article" block creates a headline, a text area, and a "read more" link. Click the text to edit it, and set the URL of the link in the window to the right. Some templates may include an image as well - if that's the case, you can edit the image via the window to the right as well.
The "Image" block allows you to insert an image into your message. The window to the right allows you to upload an image directly to AWeber or enter the URL of the image you'd like to display. You can also have the image link to another page when clicked, and provide the text that will appear when someone hovers their cursor over the image.
The "Video" block allows you to add a YouTube video to your message. This will take a screenshot of your YouTube video and hyperlink the image with the URL of the YouTube video.
The "Button" block creates a clickable button. To the right, you can change the URL the button is linked to, change the button label, text style, button color, or replace the button with another image.
The "Social" block adds buttons to allow audience to follow you on social media—add the links to your social media accounts using the menu to the right.
The "Product" block creates an image which you can replace with an image of your product, along with text for the product's name, description, and price. Finally, it comes with a button that can take customers to your order page. The image and button can be edited via the right side window.
The "Coupon" block is ideal for special offers or discounts, with a text area and a dashed border (think a cut-out coupon) by default. On the right, you can add a background image or change the border.
Similar to the "Image" block, the Logo block inserts an image, but automatically loads your logo if you've set one up on the "List Settings" page.
The "Signature" block adds your signature file to your message.
The "Divider" block allows you to add visible separation elements to your message with borders that are dotted, dashed, or solid.
The "Share" block allows your readers to share your broadcast to popular social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Add which services you would like to share to from the Share menu to the right.
The "Row" block allows you to add new rows to the body of your message.
The "Carousel" block allows you to add an Image Carousel powered by AMP to the body of your message. In order for the use the Image Carousel, be sure to install AMP for Email.
The "Feed" block allows you to add the RSS feed of your blog to your message.
- Continue to edit the template like creating a message. You can edit the formatting of the text within the blocks and insert any images that you would like.
- Once you have your template looking the way you like just click on the "Save & Exit" button at the bottom of the page.
- If you would also like to make edits to the HTML or CSS of the template, click "Edit Source" in the upper corner of the theme.
- You will have the option to edit the HTML of your message layout as well as the different elements in the Drag and Drop Email Builder.
Choose "CSS" to access and edit the CSS of that template.
Note: Updating the HTML/CSS Theme will effect any template under that Theme as well.
- Now when you go to create a new message you can just click on the "Templates" button and then click on "My Templates". You will then see your template as a template that you can load and use. Just click on your template and then click "Apply" below.
What if I have issues designing my messages?
AWeber offers hundreds of templates you’re welcome to use! If you would ever find yourself wanting to modify an existing template or would like a custom template built for you to reflect your branding, our Template Team would be happy to modify existing templates or design a custom template for you!