There may be times when you wish to create a plain text message to send to your subscribers. A plain text message is just text and has no formatting. So things such as inserting images, hyperlinks, and adjusting font style cannot be done.
An advantage of creating a message in this fashion is that what you type is exactly what subscribers will see and that there is no room for formatting issues with HTML.
If you still want to use HTML, but want to create a plain style message you can always load our plain template in our drag and drop email builder.
Step By Step Instructions
- First, click the "Messages" tab and select "Drafts."
- On the Drafts page, you will see a button labeled "Create a Message." Click this button and select "Plain Text Message."
- Once the editor opens, you will first want to type in the subject line for your message.
If you would like to personalize your subject line with the subscribers name or any other information just click the "Personalize" button.
- Below the subject line, you will see an area where you can type the contents of whatever it is you wish to include in your message.
If you would like to personalize your message with a subscribers name or any other information just click into the part of the message you want to insert the personalization and click the "Personalize" button.
- Once you are finished you can click the "Save & Exit" button.
- Now that your message is saved, click the "Schedule" button to send/schedule the message as a broadcast.
You can also send a test message by clicking "Send a Test" from the options underneath the subject line.
AWeber offers hundreds of templates you’re welcome to use! If you would ever find yourself wanting to modify an existing template or would like a custom template built for you to reflect your branding, our Template Team would be happy to modify existing templates or design a custom template for you!