While you are creating a message, you may find it useful to separate the information within your message with rows and columns. Inserting rows and columns is a great way to achieve a desired look and layout that you may be trying for with your message. One great use for rows and columns is for aligning images that are inserted into your messages.
Please note that the instructions below are for messages created using our Drag & Drop Email Builder.
Step by Step Instructions
- Click and drag the 'Row' element from the left hand side into the body of your message where you'd like to add a row.
In your message, you will see the row populate where you placed it.
- After you drop the row, a menu will appear on the right hand side where you can add columns to that row.
- To add a column, click on the 'Add Col Left' button.
You will then see the row in your message split into two separate columns.
- To delete a column, click on the 'Delete Column' button located to the right hand side.
- To add additional columns to a row, click on the 'Add Col Left' button to add a column to the left or click on the 'Add Col Right' button to add a column to the right. Note: You can add up to 6 columns within a row.
- To customize the alignment of the content within your columns, click on any of the 3 icons below the 'Column Alignment' section.
The icon will top align your content.
The icon will center align your content.
The icon will bottom align your content.
- To apply your column alignment settings to all your columns at once, check mark the 'Apply settings to all columns' box.
- Once you have the desired number of columns/rows inserted you can start dragging and dropping in different blocks for content. Below you can see an example of a message that was created using additional columns and rows and image blocks.
AWeber offers hundreds of templates you’re welcome to use! If you would ever find yourself wanting to modify an existing template or would like a custom template built for you to reflect your branding, our Template Team would be happy to modify existing templates or design a custom template for you!