How do I use the drag and drop email builder?
Click to create a message and choose the "Drag and Drop Builder".
Add a subject line for your message in the top left corner.
- Read these tips to help spark ideas for your subject lines
- See the Message Properties to the right to add a Message Preheader
- Deselect all elements to see the Message Properties
A message is made of one or more elements. You can get creative with the different element blocks or keep it simple with a single text element. See below to learn what each of the elements do.
Use the "Text" element to write paragraphs of content.
- Click on the paragraph icon on the left to set headings, format your text and add images
- Highlight text for quick formatting
- Learn how to write even faster with markdown and keyboard shortcuts.
Use an "Article" element to create a uniform headline, a text area, and a "read more" link. Click the text to edit it. Paste in the link and choose your image with the settings to the right.
Use an "Image" element to add add images and gifs to your message. Click to show the image settings to the right where you can:
- Upload files from your computer
- Search the image gallery
- Create an image with Canva
- Read these guidelines to learn how to use images in your email
Use the "Video" element to add a YouTube or Vimeo videos to your message. Click to show the video settings to the right where you will add the link to your video.
- This will display a screenshot of your YouTube or Vimeo video and hyperlink the image to the URL of the YouTube or Vimeo video.
Use the "Button" element to create a clickable button. Click to see the button settings to the right where you can:
- Edit the button copy and hyperlink
- Customize the look and feel.
Use the "Social" element to link out to different social media profiles. Click to see the social settings to the right where you can add the links to your profiles.
Use the "Product" element to create a uniform look for products you want to promote. This includes and area to upload an image, a text element for your product name and description, and a button to link to your order page.
Use the "Coupon" element to highlight special offers or discounts. Click to adjust the background color and border with the settings to the right.
Use the "Logo" element to automatically display your logo if you set one up on your List Settings page.
- If you update the logo in your list settings, it will update on draft messages
Use "Signature" to add a signature file to your message. Learn how to edit your signature file.
Use the "Divider" element to add a visible separation between elements with dotted, dashed, or solid lines. Click to setup the look and feel in the settings to the right.
- Use the top and bottom padding to add space above and below your line
- You can set your style to none if you'd like to create a blank space between elements
Use the "Share" element allows readers to share your broadcast to popular social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Add which services you would like to share to from the Share menu to the right.
Use the "Row" element to add a new row in your message. You can fill that row with any of the other blocks, such as images, text, headlines, etc. You can even add columns to add different blocks side by side.
Use the "Carousel" element to add a set of images readers can click through. Before you are able to use this feature, you will need to be designated as an AMP-approved sender.
Use the "Feed" element to add recent blog posts to your messages. You will need your RSS Feed URL which you can paste in the Feed options in the right settings menu.
- You will need your RSS Feed URL to load your feed items (like a blog post, YouTube video, or podcast episode)
- Read more on how to set up your feed and customize the look and feel
- Learn how to automatically send a message with the latest from your blog or Youtube channel with campaigns
You can also use this element to paste your website URL and we'll automatically expand this to show your web page's title, description, and image. Learn how magic links work.
How to drag and drop elements
Click on an element and keep your mouse pressed to drag it on to your message.
You will see a blue line on your message to show you where the element will be dropped. Let go of your mouse to drop it where you want.
How to move elements
You can move the position of an element in your message by holding down the Move tab next to the selected element. The new position of the element will be indicated with a blue line.
If you have any further questions on how the drag & drop email builder works, please feel free to contact us!
What if I have issues designing my messages?
AWeber offers hundreds of templates you’re welcome to use! If you would ever find yourself wanting to modify an existing template or would like a custom template built for you to reflect your branding, our Template Team would be happy to modify existing templates or design a custom template for you!