While you are creating a message with AWeber's drag and drop email builder, there are a few options to consider when inserting an "Article" block. The "Article" block consists of a few changeable options including a headline, text area, image, and a "Read More" link. This article explains the different parts of the "Article" block so you can decide how you would like your "Article" block to appear in your message.
Step By Step Instructions
- First, in the message editor, drag the "Article" block from the "Elements" toolbar and drop it where you want the "Article" to appear.
- Click on the "Article" block you have dropped into your message. On the right side of the editor, you will see your "Article" properties that can be changed. Click on the drop-down for "Article Type" to choose where your image is to appear in the "Article" block.
- By default, the "Article" block will contain a "Read More" link. This would be a hyperlink to direct your subscribers to another URL for more information. From your "Article" properties, you can enter the URL you would like subscribers to be directed to in the "Link URL" field. If you did not want the "Read More" hyperlink, do not enter a URL here.
- The text that appears for the "Read More" link in your message can be changed. From the "Article" properties, enter in the text desired for this hyperlink in the "Link Text" field.
- To edit the image that appears in the "Article" block, click the "Edit Image" button. From there, the steps will be similar to how you would insert an image using the "Image" block.
That's it! Now, the "Article" block in your message appears with the changes made. Clicking on the article will allow you to make alterations as needed.
AWeber offers hundreds of templates you’re welcome to use! If you would ever find yourself wanting to modify an existing template or would like a custom template built for you to reflect your branding, our Template Team would be happy to modify existing templates or design a custom template for you!