How do I take a screenshot to include in my message?
A screenshot is just a freeze-frame of whatever is on your screen at the point where you hit specified keys on your keyboard. You may want to add into your AWeber message a screenshot from your computer to showcase a specific image you're seeing. This can be easily accomplished with both a Windows machine and a Mac. Depending on the version of Windows you are using, the screenshot steps my differ. Instructions for the using Windows are below. Instructions for using a Mac are further down the page.
Windows allows you to capture certain parts of the screen using their "Snipping Tool." To manually open this tool, select the "Start" button and enter "snipping tool" in the search. Then, select the "Snipping Tool."
There is also a keyboard shortcut for this. Press the Windows logo key on your keyboard, "Shift," and S.
- To copy the entire screen, press the Windows logo key + "PrtScn." If you're using a tablet, press the Windows logo button + the volume down button. The screen will dim for a moment when the screen is copied and saved as a file in the Screenshots folder (which is in your Pictures folder). You can then add the image to your message.
- To copy only an active window, tap or click the window you want to capture. Press "Alt" + "PrtScn." A picture of the window is copied and you can paste it wherever you'd like.
- To copy the entire screen, press the Print Screen button (PRTSC or PRTSCN on some keyboards). Open Microsoft Paint to paste in your image (Control + V) to crop, rotate, and resize the image. Save the image to your machine so you can add the image to your message.
- To copy only an active window, press "Alt" + "Print Screen". Open Microsoft Paint to paste in your image (Control + V) to crop, rotate, and resize the image. Save the image to your machine so you can add the image to your message.
Note: Certain laptops and other devices that lack a PrtScn key might use other key combinations, such as FN+Insert, to capture the screen. Check the manual the came with your laptop or device for specific instructions. You can also use the "Snipping Tool" with Windows 7 and 8.
- Hold the "Command" and "Shift" keys. Then, press the "4" key. On a Mac, you can then select the area that you want for the screenshot so you can select the video for the screenshot. The screenshot will then be placed on your Mac desktop. You can then add the image to your message.
What if I have issues designing my messages?
AWeber offers hundreds of templates you’re welcome to use! If you would ever find yourself wanting to modify an existing template or would like a custom template built for you to reflect your branding, our Template Team would be happy to modify existing templates or design a custom template for you!