You can easily integrate PayPal with AWeber using the PayPal app located in your AWeber account, adding customers to the list of your choice, and even handling PayPal subscriptions, adding subscribers when they begin payment, then unsubscribing them when they stop.
Note: This integration supports tags via Zapier.
Note: API submissions from this integration will be added without having to confirm their subscription by default. If you would still like confirmation message sent, just contact our customer support team.
Step by Step Instructions
- In your account, click the Integrations link in the upper right corner of the page.
- Here, find the PayPal app and click and click on it.
On the next page you will want to click the "Enable" button.
You may be asked to log in to PayPal at this point. After you're logged into PayPal, simply click the "Grant Permission" button.
- Back on the "Integrations" page, under "Connected Apps", you should now see the PayPal app with a list of instructions under "Enable PayPal Notifications." From the 3rd step there, copy the "Notification URL."
With that copied, go to the Instant Payment Notification page in your PayPal account (you may be asked to log into PayPal at this point), then find the "Choose IPN Settings" button on this page and click it.
On the new page, paste the URL you copied into the Notification URL area, make sure that you click the radio button next to "Receive IPN messages (Enabled)", then click "Save."
- Back on the "Integrations" page, you can now choose the list to which you would like customers added under the "Choose Your List" heading.
With that done, the PayPal app will start adding subscribers to the list you've chosen. If that's all you want, you're now done. If you want to add subscribers to different lists based on the products they buy, keep reading.
- Immediately below the dropdown menu where you chose which list customers would join, check the box labeled "Add people to different lists based on the product they buy."
Now, simply choose a product from the drop down menu on the left and select the list to which you'd like those customers to be added from the right. When you've set this up, click the blue Add button on the right to enable the rule.
How do I add products to PayPal?
If you do not have any products setup in your PayPal account, then you will not be able to add subscribers to different lists based on products that they purchase. In order to setup products, you will need to create payment buttons for those products within PayPal. Once your product payment buttons have been created in PayPal, they will show up as products to choose from in step 5 above. For more information on how to create payment buttons for your PayPal products, please visit the following article (you will only need to complete up to step 4 of the article):
How Do I Add A PayPal Payment Button To My Message?
Only one PayPal account can be integrated with your AWeber account.
PayPal may take up to 2 hours to report new customers to your AWeber account, so do not be alarmed if you experience a delay in customers being added to your list.
Need to set up your AWeber account first? Start your Free Trial Now.