Using our PayPal integration you'll have the ability to:
- Add customers who make a PayPal payment to any of your lists.
- Add a tag to a new or existing subscriber based on the product that was purchased, or simply based on any purchase that was completed.
- Add and remove subscribers from your lists who make recurring subscription payments through PayPal.
- View PayPal purchases automatically through built-in Sales Tracking.
You can easily integrate PayPal with AWeber through our PayPal app located on the Integrations page.
API submissions from this integration will be added without having to confirm their subscription by default. If you would still like confirmation message sent, just contact our customer support team.
Step By Step Instructions
- In your account, click the Integrations link in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Find the PayPal app under the "Available Integrations" tab and click on it.
On the next page, you will want to click the "Connect Integration" button.
You may be asked to log in to PayPal at this point. After you're logged into PayPal, simply click the "Grant Permission" button.
- Back on the "Integrations" page, under "Connected integrations", click on the PayPal integration. Under "Connection settings," copy the "Notification URL."
With that copied, go to the Instant Payment Notification page in your PayPal account (you may be asked to log into PayPal at this point), then find the "Choose IPN Settings" button on this page and click it.
On the new page, paste the URL you copied into the Notification URL area, make sure that you click the radio button next to "Receive IPN messages (Enabled)", then click "Save."
- Back in the the PayPal integration within your AWeber account, you can now choose the list to which you would like customers added using the drop-down menu under the "List automation" heading.
With that done, the PayPal app will start adding subscribers to the list you've chosen. You can also apply tags to subscribers when they make a purchase. Add the tags that you would like to apply to your subscribers in the "Add Tags" box. If you want to use multiple tags, separate them with commas.
- If you would like to add subscribers to different lists based on the products that they purchased, click the checkbox labeled "Advanced Settings (route customers based on products they purchased)."
Note: advanced settings are not accessible on the AWeber Free plan. Upgrade your account to unlock this feature and many more by clicking here, or by contacting our Customer Solutions team.
Further instructions on how to upgrade your account if needed can be found here.
- Choose a product from the first drop-down menu.
Then, select the list to which you'd like those customers to be added.
Lastly, you can apply tags to subscribers who purchase the product in the "Add Tags" box.
- When you've set this up, click the green "Add automation" button to enable the rule.
Please note: If you do not connect a specific product to a list, then subscribers who purchase that product will be added to the main list you selected in step #4.
How do I add products to PayPal?
If you do not have any products setup in your PayPal account, then you will not be able to add subscribers to different lists based on products that they purchase. In order to setup products, you will need to create payment buttons for those products within PayPal. Once your product payment buttons have been created in PayPal, they will show up as products to choose from in step 5 above. For more information on how to create payment buttons for your PayPal products, please visit the following article (you will only need to complete up to step 4 of the article):
How Do I Add A PayPal Payment Button To My Message?
PayPal Sales Tracking
Purchases made through the PayPal Integration will automatically be included in Sales Tracking. The sales will display on the Dashboard Sales Widget, Subscriber Information and in Reports.
Sales data displays in a buyer’s Subscriber Information under the Subscribers tab.
You can also view sales made via PayPal in the Reports tab under Sales over time.
A breakdown of each sale displays below the Sales tracked over time graph. The sales type will read as Ecommerce along with any sales made using Landing Pages.
Only one PayPal account can be integrated with your AWeber account.
If you notice a subscriber has not been added, don't hesitate to contact our Customer Solutions team. When the IPN details from a purchase are provided, our Customer Solutions team can investigate further.
Need to set up your AWeber account first? Start your Free Trial Now.