You can easily integrate PayPal with AWeber using the PayPal app located in your AWeber account, adding customers to the list of your choice, and even handling PayPal subscriptions, adding subscribers when they begin payment, then unsubscribing them when they stop.
Please note: API submissions from this integration will be added without having to confirm their subscription by default. If you would still like confirmation message sent, just contact our customer support team.
Step by Step Instructions
- In your account, click the Integrations link in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Here, find the PayPal app and click on it.
On the next page, you will want to click the "Connect" button.
You may be asked to log in to PayPal at this point. After you're logged into PayPal, simply click the "Grant Permission" button.
- Back on the "Integrations" page, under "Connected integrations", click on the PayPal integration. Under "Connection settings," copy the "Notification URL."
With that copied, go to the Instant Payment Notification page in your PayPal account (you may be asked to log into PayPal at this point), then find the "Choose IPN Settings" button on this page and click it.
On the new page, paste the URL you copied into the Notification URL area, make sure that you click the radio button next to "Receive IPN messages (Enabled)", then click "Save."
- Back in the the PayPal integration within your AWeber account, you can now choose the list to which you would like customers added using the drop-down menu under the "List automation" heading.
With that done, the PayPal app will start adding subscribers to the list you've chosen. You can also apply tags to subscribers when they make a purchase. Add the tags that you would like to apply to your subscribers in the "Add Tags" box. If you want to use multiple tags, separate them with commas.
- If you would like to add subscribers to different lists based on the products that they purchased, click the checkbox labeled "Advanced Settings (route customers based on products they purchased)."
- Choose a product from the first drop-down menu.
Then, select the list to which you'd like those customers to be added.
Lastly, you can apply tags to subscribers who purchase the product in the "Add Tags" box.
- When you've set this up, click the green "Add automation" button to enable the rule.
Please note: If you do not connect a specific product to a list, then subscribers who purchase that product will be added to the main list you selected in step #4.
How do I add products to PayPal?
If you do not have any products setup in your PayPal account, then you will not be able to add subscribers to different lists based on products that they purchase. In order to setup products, you will need to create payment buttons for those products within PayPal. Once your product payment buttons have been created in PayPal, they will show up as products to choose from in step 5 above. For more information on how to create payment buttons for your PayPal products, please visit the following article (you will only need to complete up to step 4 of the article):
How Do I Add A PayPal Payment Button To My Message?
Only one PayPal account can be integrated with your AWeber account.
PayPal may take up to two hours to report new customers to your AWeber account, so do not be alarmed if you experience a delay in customers being added to your list. If you notice a subscriber has not been added after two hours, don't hesitate to contact our Customer Solutions team. If you provide the IPN details from the purchase, our Customer Solutions team can investigate further.
Need to set up your AWeber account first? Start your Free Trial Now.