Building a strong readership by sending your blog articles straight to the inbox of subscribers is simple. Just set up a blog broadcast following these steps:
Step By Step Instructions
- Select "Blog Broadcasts" from the messages tab.
- Then, click the "Create a Blog Broadcast" button.
- Start by entering your RSS feed URL for your blog in that first field.
If you don't have this address handy, view our knowledge base article on finding the RSS Feed URL for your blog.
- Since the Blog Broadcast feature works by pulling the content from your blog and reformatting it into a template, you'll need to select one. You'll find a long list to choose from to the right of the HTML message area.
You can scroll through the list and view previews of each. Once you've chosen the template you'd like to use, click on the Load Template button. Then, scroll down the page to view or edit the template's appearance. If you decide on another template later on, you can always repeat this step.
- Next, you'll need to schedule when your broadcasts will be sent out. Choose whether you would like to send them at a specific time of day. If the time of day is unimportant to you, you can leave this set to "Immediately."
Second, you'll need to choose what should trigger the blog broadcast to be sent. You can choose a number of new posts which will trigger the send:
Or, choose to have it send on specific days of each month:
Finish setting the schedule for your blog broadcast by deciding whether to have it sent automatically. Just check the box to make the process automatic!
If you want to be able to review each message manually, leave "Send Automatically" unchecked--you'll be able to review the messages from your "Drafts" page, and queue them to be sent from that page.
- Once you're done, simply click "Save Blog Broadcast" at the bottom of the page. This will complete the setup of your blog broadcast - it will start working immediately.
- You may want to check a few things before logging out. First, on the Blog Broadcast page, you can test the blog broadcast you just created. This is highly recommended, if only to double check that you're happy with the template you chose. Your blog broadcast also creates messages based on the content already on your blog when it was created. You can view these messages by clicking "Drafts" from the "Messages" tab.
On your Drafts page, there will be a "Blog Broadcast Drafts" tab. Click this tab to view the messages created by your blog broadcast.
From this tab, you can click the subject line of the message to view it in the HTML Editor and make any changes. You can also delete the message, send a test, or copy the message to another list by using the options underneath the subject line. When you're ready to send the message, click "Schedule," and proceed to schedule the broadcast like you normally would.
And that's it! Congratulations, you have successfully created a Blog Broadcast!